Premed 101 Forums

MD Class of 2024 bag colour

• 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, SportiiMD said:

I know usually incoming students find out the backpack colour early July during Calgary's first week, but since they're starting virtually, does anyone know when the new backpack colour might be revealed? 

Probably will be posted on instagram @cma_docs around early July? I am not entirely sure...

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, MedGoldfish said:

What were the colour options again? I just remember seeing yellow and orange and saying NOPE!

"golden" yellow, orange, bright blue, burgundy, and apparently a purple (which there wasn't a pic of in the 4/5, but I'm skeptical we'd get it anyway, given how recently there was a purple class)

3 hours ago, hbmed said:

"golden" yellow, orange, bright blue, burgundy, and apparently a purple (which there wasn't a pic of in the 4/5, but I'm skeptical we'd get it anyway, given how recently there was a purple class)

thank you! i'm also skeptical of us getting bright blue because both the classes of 2020 and 2021 had blue bags (light blue, then dark blue)

On 5/1/2020 at 12:23 PM, Rabeprazole said:

I found this a while back when I was in the analyzing phase

2050806274_backpackspremedforumsize.png.0560989b18ecd13d353102d70fe607e3.png

I definitely wouldn't mind the purple/pink, less so the gray, and even less so the orange/yellow.

This is all contingent on getting in of course. :rolleyes:

I think the 2015 and 2016 ones are switched in the picture?

On 5/13/2020 at 10:39 AM, William Osler said:

Yes CMA releases a vote but its just for hype and doesnt affect the actual years backpacks since they are all made by then

Although with the pandemic, I dont know if making med student backpacks is an essential business

Ahh so do you know how the CMA actually chooses the colour then? If it's not based on votes?

2 hours ago, MedGoldfish said:

Is it true that the CMA backpack colour reveal is happening tomorrow during Calgary's first day of O week?

I'm not sure... I scrolled through the CMA Instagram page and last year's reveal was done on a Thursday. But I also saw someone on these forums mention the reveal will be July 8 (Wednesday).