Premed 101 Forums

MD Class of 2024 bag colour

Clusters of 2015 matriculants were called grapes because of our purple bags. You guys get to be busy bees!

I think it’s nice. I’d have been happy with it. 

The colour is a dandelion yellow. Nice and rich. Dandelions thrive on any surface in any conditions no matter what you do to them. Maybe you guys can be like them. 

All these comments are so out of touch. There is a large majority of students who haven't been able to get into medical school and seeing so many people complain about the colour of a backpack is very careless. Be grateful for the position you are in, and don't complain about something many students would give anything to have. No one is forcing you to wear it. 

7 minutes ago, LittleFrog said:

All these comments are so out of touch. There is a large majority of students who haven't been able to get into medical school and seeing so many people complain about the colour of a backpack is very careless. Be grateful for the position you are in, and don't complain about something many students would give anything to have. No one is forcing you to wear it. 

You know everybody is just joking right? Im sure 99% of people are truly grateful  - it's just stuff to talk about while we wait for med to start

4 minutes ago, LittleFrog said:

Hey @LittleFrog - I understand that it can be frustrating seeing posts and threads from people who have been fortunate enough to get to where you're hoping and trying really really hard to get to. Medical school admissions is a tough process for most people, and we know that we're in a privileged position. With that being said, I don't think it's fair to insinuate that incoming (and current) medical students have no right to [lightheartedly] complain. There is a reason that there are different sections on premed101, targeted towards different demographics, and it would similarly be completely out of line for current med students with a lot of debt and no income to say residents and staff have no right to complain about salary and compensation because at least they're getting paid for example. Good luck with the upcoming cycle!

11 minutes ago, LittleFrog said:

Maybe don't go on a thread about the bag colour if you're that bitter. This thread is specifically to get excited or talk shit about the bag colour. Do you think med students should never be allowed to complain about anything or be negative ever because there are people who didn't get in? Jeez

5 minutes ago, LittleFrog said:

I was in your shoes for the past three cycles, seeing a lot of my friends get accepted and talk about how excited they are about this year's bag color, among many other exciting things about starting medical school. I felt disappointed and feel left out when I'd received my rejections, two of which post interview. To some, the bag shows how far people have come and overcome the rigors of the admissions process and view the bag as an achievement, along with things like the white coat ceremony / stethoscope ceremony, as a small welcome to the medical community. Others don't consider it much of anything, just a free bag and it gathers dust in their closet at home. I think you should recognize that to some it matters quite a bit, and can have considerable disappointment when the look isn't something they were hoping for, so it's completely legitimate for incoming medical students to express some disappointment. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions on a color, and should be free to voice that opinion. We're not discussing this on the pre-med section of the forums, this is the section for medical students. Furthermore, nobody is forcing you to read these discussions.

I've been so happy today. For the past five years of trying over and over to get into UBC with below average interviews, I kept telling myself If I ever get in, and the backpack color is yellow that year (My favorite color. Also the color of my car, and many clothing I own), then it is destiny. I was meant to get that year. This feels really symbolic. :D

Yellow is the color of happiness.

27 minutes ago, Aryanenzo said:

I've been so happy today. For the past five years of trying over and over to get into UBC with below average interviews, I kept telling myself If I ever get in, and the backpack color is yellow that year (My favorite color. Also the color of my car, and many clothing I own), then it is destiny. I was meant to get that year. This feels really symbolic. :D

Yellow is the color of happiness.

You seem to know a lot about yellow! What does it match with ? Blue, brown? Tears of joy ?

13 hours ago, Dr. House's Good Leg said:

I'm hoping to bike to campus on most days once things are open again and I was looking for a good high visibility jacket or vest..... CMA did me a solid with this one.

Same here, I am very happy with the yellow for this reason :)

On 7/8/2020 at 2:43 PM, LittleFrog said:

I think I can joke about the colour and still be grateful as hell. No one is forcing you to come here and read, in the medical student section, in a thread about backpack colours... And honestly, I didn't know anything about that backpack until a month ago. At this point it's just a bonus, I don't give a damn about the colour, and I'm sure almost everyone here feel the same about it haha!

So I'm just gonna leave this here & hope it will make you smile a bit :rolleyes:

Bumblebee (WFC) - Transformers Wiki

46 minutes ago, Mel96b said:

I think I can joke about the colour and still be grateful as hell. No one is forcing you to come here and read, in the medical student section, in a thread about backpack colours... And honestly, I didn't know anything about that backpack until a month ago. At this point it's just a bonus, I don't give a damn about the colour, and I'm sure almost everyone here feel the same about it haha!

So I'm just gonna leave this here & hope it will make you smile a bit :rolleyes:

Bumblebee (WFC) - Transformers Wiki

LOL the first thing I thought of when I saw the yellow/black scheme was bumblebee and the lambo logo but now I feel like I'm going to camp ahaha