Premed 101 Forums

PASS/FAIL courses and UofT med school admissions

Read this on UofT's website. 

I have some credit/no credit (CR/NCR) and pass/fail courses on my transcript. How will this factor in the wGPA calculation?

CR/NCR  and PASS/FAIL courses will be removed first, followed by the lowest grades overall to equal the number of FCEs you are eligible for.

Not entirely sure what this means. Say, one has 5 courses per semester, but decides to PASS/FAIL one course per semester. Would that student still be eligible for wGPA? And if yes, the wGPA would be computed based on the best three grades?

Appreciate it!

3 hours ago, dtor3 said:

Read this on UofT's website. 

I have some credit/no credit (CR/NCR) and pass/fail courses on my transcript. How will this factor in the wGPA calculation?

CR/NCR  and PASS/FAIL courses will be removed first, followed by the lowest grades overall to equal the number of FCEs you are eligible for.

Not entirely sure what this means. Say, one has 5 courses per semester, but decides to PASS/FAIL one course per semester. Would that student still be eligible for wGPA? And if yes, the wGPA would be computed based on the best three grades?

Appreciate it!

i think what they mean is that P/F courses will be removed before any of your other lower grades. In the situation you mention, I believe only the 2 P/F courses would be removed, and the GPA would be calculated with the remaining 8 courses that were not pass fail. That is the way I interpret it. It basically means that P/F courses will be taken off and count towards the FCEs for their wGPA.

2 hours ago, HugeEuge said:

i think what they mean is that P/F courses will be removed before any of your other lower grades. In the situation you mention, I believe only the 2 P/F courses would be removed, and the GPA would be calculated with the remaining 8 courses that were not pass fail. That is the way I interpret it. It basically means that P/F courses will be taken off and count towards the FCEs for their wGPA.

Yeah, that would be a logical approach, I am still going to fire an email to the school. The language that they use on their website is very unclear, as opposed to other universities.