Premed 101 Forums

GPA calculation

Hi,

I am a little confused as to how the gpa is calculated at U of T. So you don’t need a full course load to apply but you do need it if you want the weighted gpa? Right?

But then it says the CGPA is calculated using the OMSAS scale for all courses taken in a full year. What if I only did one full year? Will they only calculate my gpa based on that one year?

3 hours ago, Medhopefulatubc said:

Hi,

I am a little confused as to how the gpa is calculated at U of T. So you don’t need a full course load to apply but you do need it if you want the weighted gpa? Right?

But then it says the CGPA is calculated using the OMSAS scale for all courses taken in a full year. What if I only did one full year? Will they only calculate my gpa based on that one year?

You do need a full course load to be considered for wgpa. In your case, all of your undergrad grades will go towards your gpa, with no courses removed. Your gpa will not be calculated only on your one full time year.