Premed 101 Forums

McMaster Accepted/Waitlisted/Rejected 2019-2020

16 minutes ago, tomcat365 said:

Yup that’s what Chantal said

Just wondering, how come you’re thinking of rejecting your Ottawa offer to try your luck on the McMaster waitlist? It seems to be such a risky move especially because the waitlist is randomized and given that they “significantly” increased the waitlist 

2 hours ago, MDWoman said:

Just wondering, how come you’re thinking of rejecting your Ottawa offer to try your luck on the McMaster waitlist? It seems to be such a risky move especially because the waitlist is randomized and given that they “significantly” increased the waitlist 

Personal reasons.

It definitely isn’t a decision I would make lightly but for a lot of different reasons, Ottawa just isn’t the right fit or school for me at this time. If I don’t get into Mac this year I have hope I can do well on the guaranteed interview next year...and that’s as far as I’m thinking for now. 

3 hours ago, tomcat365 said:

Personal reasons.

It definitely isn’t a decision I would make lightly but for a lot of different reasons, Ottawa just isn’t the right fit or school for me at this time. If I don’t get into Mac this year I have hope I can do well on the guaranteed interview next year...and that’s as far as I’m thinking for now. 

That seems silly there is a lot of luck involved in getting into med school. If you get an offer to McMaster and that is your first choice then take it but don't be stupid and give up a guaranteed chance to become an MD. 

17 minutes ago, LeoTheLion said:

Result: Accepted May 12th 

Timestamp: 8:05 am 

cGPA: 3.91

CARS: 126

CASPer: Probably pretty decent considering the messy CARS score

Geography: IP

Probably a lottery pick. Have declined the offer, good luck to everyone on the waitlist!

Thanks for letting us know. Good luck on your journey. By the way, what campus did you get assigned? 

• 1 month later...