Premed 101 Forums

Preparing for PT in September

Hello everyone!

I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to prepare for starting physiotherapy in September? I wasn't going to really study beforehand, but with all of this time I thought I might as well.

Is there any good textbooks or topics that would be really useful besides muscle anatomy?

8 hours ago, P-T2020 said:

Hello everyone!

I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to prepare for starting physiotherapy in September? I wasn't going to really study beforehand, but with all of this time I thought I might as well.

Is there any good textbooks or topics that would be really useful besides muscle anatomy?

I would first recommend to take time for yourself, PT school is an absolute grind and depending on the school you're going to most do not have very long breaks, its continuous for example I am nearing the end of school and the longest break I had was around 3 weeks and that was a one time thing.

But if you really want to do anything before PT school I would just focus on anatomy, everything else is so dependent on the school you're going to ie some have more focus on ortho, neuro, pain ect. 

I "tried" to prepare for school but it was a really big waste of time,  if I would re do it again I would have just enjoyed my last free summer. 

Thats just one opinion tho! Others might say something different 

5 hours ago, HK2018 said:

I would first recommend to take time for yourself, PT school is an absolute grind and depending on the school you're going to most do not have very long breaks, its continuous for example I am nearing the end of school and the longest break I had was around 3 weeks and that was a one time thing.

But if you really want to do anything before PT school I would just focus on anatomy, everything else is so dependent on the school you're going to ie some have more focus on ortho, neuro, pain ect. 

I "tried" to prepare for school but it was a really big waste of time,  if I would re do it again I would have just enjoyed my last free summer. 

Thats just one opinion tho! Others might say something different 

as an imcoming PT student, im just taking time to relax. i think by getting into pt school you've already proved that youre academically competent, so i think youll be able to keep with with the coming workload. i agree with the touching up on anatomy, and maybe some exercise physiology but im not going further than that

• 2 weeks later...