Premed 101 Forums

Fall 2020 McGill Online

guest123

Hi!

Yes the decision of it being online is not easy to take when starting a new program but deferring is not likely to work for you. To defer you need a legitimate reason as indicated on the McGill Admissions website...  https://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/after-youve-applied/deferred-admission

Again, you will be getting a high rate education nonetheless and it being online does not downgrade it. You are mostly in lectures and small group anyways for the first year. They will also likely be doing in person skill based activities and labs, as needed, and with precautions.

4 minutes ago, guest123 said:

Hi, Thanks. I have to finish my Masters degree as well. I was supposed to complete it this year but it is delayed due to COVID, so that counts as a legitimate reason.

If you need to complete your Masters then you do have a legit reason, for sure. My statement was more geared towards if people are thinking of deferring just due to the online situation.

1 hour ago, DrtoBe97 said:

If you need to complete your Masters then you do have a legit reason, for sure. My statement was more geared towards if people are thinking of deferring just due to the online situation.

I get what you mean, but due to the novel situation people may have their own personal obligations and situations. We do not know what everyone is going through. Stay safe!

26 minutes ago, guest123 said:

I get what you mean, but due to the novel situation people may have their own personal obligations and situations. We do not know what everyone is going through. Stay safe!

You literally made a thread to say you're considering deferring because of COVID and when challenged follow by saying you will be motivating that deferral with another reason. Congrats on your acceptance, and deferral or not, that type of attitude will get noticed by everyone around you.

42 minutes ago, whatisgoingon said:

You literally made a thread to say you're considering deferring because of COVID and when challenged follow by saying you will be motivating that deferral with another reason. Congrats on your acceptance, and deferral or not, that type of attitude will get noticed by everyone around you.

No, the other reason does not apply to me as I am completing my masters. I mentioned it in general for other candidates who may be facing challenges due to COVID. There is no need to be so rude for no reason, your attitude is noticed by others as well.

update: I just went on your profile and the comments you write on threads are extremely harsh.

15 hours ago, whatisgoingon said:

This was unecessarily rude... I'm more worried about the fact that you can't imagine that we can care about others, and that we can ask questions even if the described situation doesn't apply to us. Also @guest123 can have more than one personal reason to delay his/her admission and only mention the ''valid'' one to the university... I don't see where the issue is, really.