Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Congratulations everyone!  Im out of reactions but I’m so happy for everyone on the HWL. That must have been one stressful night once the HWL calls stopped going out yesterday, but glad to see it all

Hey everyone, got a call @1:59 today... off from NWL at Windsor. Honestly been a longgggggggggggg process and it’s finally done! Hopefully someone else gets off NWL too. 

Just an FYI to calm peoples nerves; they were calling people off the high waitlist into Windsor straight away last year and there were quite a few people from the normal waitlist who got accepted so t

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Gaming2Much said:

For the people accepted yesterday, has your OMSAS updated yet? The UWO student Center shows the change but no option to accept through OMSAS.

Any idea when that change will happen? 

I see the same thing. The guy who called me said it might not appear until Monday or Tuesday and to not freak out in the meanwhile! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Scrubadubdub said:

oh man :( this is sad. I was really hoping for some movement today

There's less than 20 people on the normal WL that I've counted, so maybe they gave out a few offers but it just didn't happen to be one of us on the forum? 

Maybe they'll start calling tomorrow? :(

Maybe the high waitlist didn’t even clear... this is too stressful 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Scrubadubdub said:

I know :( I'm pretending it did for my own sanity at this point haha

I need another awesome sports analogy to get me through this @Phil Jackson !

It’s like you’re a 25 year old minor league third baseman still clinging on to your hopes of playing in the majors. You know your time is running out. Your youth and excitement for the game is ever slightly fading year over year as you struggle to improve your game. Some of your best friends and teammates from college are already starters contributing for playoff teams. Maybe this year you put together a string of great games. Maybe you get noticed by some scouts and are even called up for a couple workouts with the team. You know this is gonna be one of your last few chances. You do your best but there’s always some doubt AND you also know there’s plenty of younger and more talented players competing for that same spot. As you await for that official invite to participate in spring training you are contemplating whether you even want to spend another year grinding it out in AA ball. Maybe you should just take that offer to be an assistant coach at your alma mater and move on with your life. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow okay having read that maybe that had the opposite effect you were looking for @Scrubadubdub apologies for that haha. But i mean, with what’s going on in the world these past few days too it’s hard to find the brightside sometimes.
 

The weather is fantastic though, so I’ve been trying to spend more time outside instead of being shut in and consuming bad news; both of the premed variety here and in general LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Phil Jackson said:

Maybe the high waitlist didn’t even clear... this is too stressful 

ok we have to be careful with the speculation :) - going to stress out everyone. It is also possible the person calling these out had a day off (could be for quite an important reason). It happens, and you don't want too many people doing this as mistakes are a serious concern (go back on forum and you will see cases where mistakes resulted in offers being retracted due to admin mistakes). 

Hopefully we will find out more tomorrow, and hang in there!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Aegean said:

I still don't understand how ~80 WL movement can happen out of less than ~30 Windsor seats, unless they over-offer...

Yeah, makes me believe that they over offer as well. Some will reject already rejected seats because they receive other waitlist offers or OOP offers but I can't see that plus regular waitlist movement adding up to ~80.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, convertedlurker said:

Yeah, makes me believe that they over offer as well. Some will reject already rejected seats because they receive other waitlist offers or OOP offers but I can't see that plus regular waitlist movement adding up to ~80.

Last year there was 79, and still had some normal waitlist movement. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rmorelan said:

guess I am confused - so I ask for clarification. What is unclear? 

I think what they mean is, we know that roughly 80 spots are declined and an overwhelming majority of applicants prefer London. Since the first HWL offers were given to Windsor, we know there are only ~35 or fewer seats available to WL. Some of those WL offers might be declined as well but it's hard to imagine that ~80 spots are declined over ~35 seats. For that reason, I think @Aegean believes that they initially over offer because that would explain why there are ~80 declined offers.

@Aegean, feel free to chime in if I didn't get that quite right :P For the record, I do agree with your assumption.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, convertedlurker said:

I think what they mean is, we know that roughly 80 spots are declined and an overwhelming majority of applicants prefer London. Since the first HWL offers were given to Windsor, we know there are only ~35 or fewer seats available to WL. Some of those WL offers might be declined as well but it's hard to imagine that ~80 spots are declined over ~35 seats. For that reason, I think @Aegean believes that they initially over offer because that would explain why there are ~80 declined offers.

@Aegean, feel free to chime in if I didn't get that quite right :P For the record, I do agree with your assumption.

You explained it perfectly. We know that London (133 offers) got filled already before any WL movement happened. If we assume that they sent 171 offers initially, the maximum # of seats that could have been declined would have to be 171-133 = 38.  But we know the number declined is less than this because some people would have selected Windsor as their first option and there were unspecified who were assigned Windsor. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Aegean said:

You explained it perfectly. We know that London (133 offers) got filled already before any WL movement happened. If we assume that they sent 171 offers initially, the maximum # of seats that could have been declined would have to be 171-133 = 38.  But we know the number declined is less than this because some people would have selected Windsor as their first option and there were unspecified who were assigned Windsor. 

but some HWL did get London I thought(?) So the total number of people that declined had to be more than 38 (or likely much more) as we don't get every HWL reporting even and of course the unspecified spots etc. Some may have selected Windsor but it is relatively rare.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...