Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Congratulations everyone!  Im out of reactions but I’m so happy for everyone on the HWL. That must have been one stressful night once the HWL calls stopped going out yesterday, but glad to see it all

Hey everyone, got a call @1:59 today... off from NWL at Windsor. Honestly been a longgggggggggggg process and it’s finally done! Hopefully someone else gets off NWL too. 

Just an FYI to calm peoples nerves; they were calling people off the high waitlist into Windsor straight away last year and there were quite a few people from the normal waitlist who got accepted so t

Posted Images

I hope there's a correlation! I'm 9:06 as well @Owns123 :lol: What timestamp are you @User222 ?

NWL@UWO had the earliest timestamp at 9:05 a.m. and s/he was also the first one on the forum to get offered a spot off NWL. If someone got the normal waitlist e-mail at 9:05, but hasn't been offered a spot yet then that probably means that there is no correlation. Has this happened to anyone?

Even if it doesn't eventually mean anything its an innocent way to pass the time this week :D 

When did the rest of you on the NWL get your waitlist e-mail on May 12? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Scrubadubdub said:

I hope there's a correlation! I'm 9:06 as well @Owns123 :lol: What timestamp are you @User222 ?

NWL@UWO had the earliest timestamp at 9:05 a.m. and s/he was also the first one on the forum to get offered a spot off NWL. If someone got the normal waitlist e-mail at 9:05, but hasn't been offered a spot yet then that probably means that there is no correlation. Has this happened to anyone?

Even if it doesn't eventually mean anything its an innocent way to pass the time this week :D 

When did the rest of you on the NWL get your waitlist e-mail on May 12? 

Not sure if timestamp means anything, but mine was sent at 9:06:14 and delivered at 9:06:18.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Scrubadubdub said:

I hope there's a correlation! I'm 9:06 as well @Owns123 :lol: What timestamp are you @User222 ?

NWL@UWO had the earliest timestamp at 9:05 a.m. and s/he was also the first one on the forum to get offered a spot off NWL. If someone got the normal waitlist e-mail at 9:05, but hasn't been offered a spot yet then that probably means that there is no correlation. Has this happened to anyone?

Even if it doesn't eventually mean anything its an innocent way to pass the time this week :D 

When did the rest of you on the NWL get your waitlist e-mail on May 12? 

Not sure if this is an Ottawa situation but I got my email 9:06:08 and my last name is at the end of the alphabet. I think majority of people got it at around the same time?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Scrubadubdub said:

Does anyone know the deadlines to watch out for over the summer that might open up some spots for those on the waitlist? 

I believe graduate students have to submit a document by June 30 to say they will complete their program by August, so maybe if someone has to defer their offer to finish the program (in case covid interfered with lab time or something of the sort), a spot or two will open up after June 30? :/ 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Scrubadubdub said:

Does anyone know the deadlines to watch out for over the summer that might open up some spots for those on the waitlist? 

Here's a link to the checklist of requirements for entering students and the corresponding deadlines:

https://www.schulich.uwo.ca/med_dent_admissions/docs/MD2024_Wdsr_Entering_Student_Requirements_Checklist_Jun3.pdf

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, dooogs said:

Is this silence "usual"?

I'm assuming the waitlist movement is over except for the possible deadline exceptions. I'm not sure if that's a pessimistic interpretation of the silence, but it is in line with the worst predictions of how this cycle would turn out.

Any thoughts?

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, convertedlurker said:

I'm assuming the waitlist movement is over except for the possible deadline exceptions. I'm not sure if that's a pessimistic interpretation of the silence, but it is in line with the worst predictions of how this cycle would turn out.

Any thoughts?

I agree- I think because the first waitlist wave was relatively small, there wasn't a lot of room for subsequent waitlist offers :(  I'm still hoping that there will be a few deferrals and a couple of us will get in around early-mid july!  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...