Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, dooogs said:

It seemed to be less movement than last few years. Or is it just me ?

Maybe someone senior can chime in? 

It definitely seems so. It could be a combination of CoVID-19 related factors (people avoiding McMaster for example) and the lower CARS cut off reducing the overlap of the acceptance pool with other schools. It's all speculation though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Congratulations everyone!  Im out of reactions but I’m so happy for everyone on the HWL. That must have been one stressful night once the HWL calls stopped going out yesterday, but glad to see it all

Hey everyone, got a call @1:59 today... off from NWL at Windsor. Honestly been a longgggggggggggg process and it’s finally done! Hopefully someone else gets off NWL too. 

Just an FYI to calm peoples nerves; they were calling people off the high waitlist into Windsor straight away last year and there were quite a few people from the normal waitlist who got accepted so t

Posted Images

1 hour ago, convertedlurker said:

It definitely seems so. It could be a combination of CoVID-19 related factors (people avoiding McMaster for example) and the lower CARS cut off reducing the overlap of the acceptance pool with other schools. It's all speculation though.

This is an interesting point, although it does seem that McMaster also has less waitlist movement than previous years which is quite unexpected given the circumstances. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Overstressed said:

This is an interesting point, although it does seem that McMaster also has less waitlist movement than previous years which is quite unexpected given the circumstances. 

Maybe some of the applicants who might not have gotten accepted anywhere else got accepted at McMaster thanks to the lottery? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, keipop said:

Maybe some of the applicants who might not have gotten accepted anywhere else got accepted at McMaster thanks to the lottery? 

30% of the top 100 were accepted when they normally would not have. These 30 ppl mustve had poor MMIs to not make it in given their high GPA and CARS. Thus, they may not have had received other acceptances, just Mac. Thus, the waitlist moved less, despite issues with a three year program and COVID

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, William Osler said:

30% of the top 100 were accepted when they normally would not have. These 30 ppl mustve had poor MMIs to not make it in given their high GPA and CARS. Thus, they may not have had received other acceptances, just Mac. Thus, the waitlist moved less, despite issues with a three year program and COVID

That's still only 30 people though.  Unlikely to have such a meaningful impact on reduced WL movement across multiple schools.  We'll never really know what happened this year, though I am looking forward to the CFMS (sp?) stats when they're released in a few years time, to confirm lower WL movement, vs. just apparent sampling bias.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, seewhathappens said:

That's still only 30 people though.  Unlikely to have such a meaningful impact on reduced WL movement across multiple schools.  We'll never really know what happened this year, though I am looking forward to the CFMS (sp?) stats when they're released in a few years time, to confirm lower WL movement, vs. just apparent sampling bias.

This is year has been crazy for every body no matter who you are in society 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, dooogs said:

This is year has been crazy for every body no matter who you are in society 

I agree 100%. 

I'm just saying the lottery gave 30 people (theoretically) offers from the top 100 at mac who would not have received offers otherwise (according to Mac's model).  So I'm only suggesting that those extra 30 are unlikely to shift multiple schools WL dramatically. 
Not that this year hasn't been an absolute roller coaster - difficult for everyone, regardless of situations.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, seewhathappens said:

I agree 100%. 

I'm just saying the lottery gave 30 people (theoretically) offers from the top 100 at mac who would not have received offers otherwise (according to Mac's model).  So I'm only suggesting that those extra 30 are unlikely to shift multiple schools WL dramatically. 
Not that this year hasn't been an absolute roller coaster - difficult for everyone, regardless of situations.  

Yeah this is true.... it comes down to luck again. As many things in life

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I just finished watching this, and I thought it was really well done. I felt touched at the end of the video when she empathized with those on the waitlist. 

At this point, I have accepted it is much more likely that I don't get in off of the waitlist, but it's nice to keep up with this community (and provide more posts for next years waitlist to read through haha). :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2020 at 5:04 PM, dooogs said:

Does uwo ever send a full class email? Sorry for giving anybody any scares with this post lol

I remember seeing a post from a while back that said that they send it out in August and that the class is actually full 1-2 weeks before that point

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Final update: I received an email from Schulich notifying me that the waitlist is officially closed yesterday 

Thank you to everyone on this thread for being so supportive. I truly appreciated every one of your replies/reactions to my questions and thoughts. It made the wait a lot easier :) 

Good luck everyone. Hopefully next year is our year! :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2020 at 4:45 PM, Scrubadubdub said:

Final update: I received an email from Schulich notifying me that the waitlist is officially closed yesterday 

Thank you to everyone on this thread for being so supportive. I truly appreciated every one of your replies/reactions to my questions and thoughts. It made the wait a lot easier :) 

Good luck everyone. Hopefully next year is our year! :D

Hope so as well - and good luck to the coming applicants. 

It always amazes me how quickly the application date sneaks up! 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...