Premed 101 Forums

McMaster Waitlist Party 2020

13 minutes ago, Weluvmedicine said:

If I accept my offer of admission off the waitlist does that mean I have accepted/enrolled at McMaster? I would like to wait and see for queens...

just wondering, how long do u guys have to decide?

31 minutes ago, mdhopefullyidk said:

Just got an offer off the waitlist! Will be declining as I have accepted elsewhere. Glad to pass off a spot to one of you :) 

26 minutes ago, Weluvmedicine said:

got an offer as well to the Niagara campus!!!! will be waiting for any response from queens, as im on their wailtlist as well. 

When is the deadline to respond to your offer

24 minutes ago, MDWoman said:

Congratulations to both of you!!! Such exciting news. Where on your list did you rank the campuses that you got offers at?

I ranked Hamilton, Niagara, Waterloo. I got off the waitlist to Niagara. But, like someone said I don’t think your ranking matters once you’re on the waitlist! You just go wherever someone declined. 

3 minutes ago, mdhopefullyidk said:

I ranked Hamilton, Niagara, Waterloo. I got off the waitlist to Niagara. But, like someone said I don’t think your ranking matters once you’re on the waitlist! You just go wherever someone declined. 

Did you decline right away? I'm wondering if the Niagara offer then cascaded to Weluvmed.

I think the nature of the WL is that people will probably get more regional campus offers off the WL, since if between regional and another offer, people may be less inclined to take the regional campus over another offer. 

So I really think the waitlist timestamp is alphabetical order for your last name but I noticed that anon31 and Weluvmedicine both got their waitlist email at 8:14 AM (which is relatively earlier than the others). So it could mean something unless both of their last names are earlier in the alphabet.

4 minutes ago, M9V said:

So I really think the waitlist timestamp is alphabetical order for your last name but I noticed that anon31 and Weluvmedicine both got their waitlist email at 8:14 AM (which is relatively earlier than the others). So it could mean something unless both of their last names are earlier in the alphabet.

McMaster in prev threads has been alphabetical, what's the latestt time someone got an email? I don't remember it to be very late.

5 minutes ago, M9V said:

My last name is early in the alphabet! 

So I was bored and thought this may help some people. I compiled the data I could find so far (it's probably not 100% accurate but I don't think I missed anything major). ENJOY!

1) There are 29 people that have said they are accepting their offers

1a) Hamilton campus: 16

1b) Niagara campus: 1

1c) Waterloo campus: 3

1d) Unknown campus: 9

2) There are 7 people who have received an offer but are unsure if they are accepting yet either because they have been WL elsewhere and want to wait for those results or because they have multiple acceptances

2a) Hamilton campus: 2

2b) Niagara campus: 1

2c) Waterloo campus: 0

2d) Unknown campus: 4

3) There are 21 people who are rejecting their offers

3a) Hamilton campus: 9

3b) Niagara campus: 3

3c) Waterloo campus: 2

3d) Unknown campus: 7

3e) What people accepted in lieu of Mac: 1 OOP school, 7 Ottawa, 2 Queens, 8 UofT, 1 unknown school, 2 Western

4) There are 10 people rejecting their WL status because they have accepted offers elsewhere

4a) What people accepted in lieu of Mac WL: 1 Dal, 2 Ottawa, 1 UBC, 2 UofT, 4 Western

5) There are 4 people thusfar that have been accepted off the WL

5a) Accepting offer: 1

5b) Rejecting offer: 2

5c) Unknown: 1

I was offered a spot off the waitlist today for the Waterloo campus! I am giving myself a few days to think about it before making a decision as I have other OOP schools to consider. 

To address some things others have brought up on here: 

- I received my original waitlist email at 8:18am EST on May 12 and my name is near the end of the alphabet

- I ranked Waterloo second

- I have until June 3 to respond

I'll let you guys know if I decide to decline. Best of luck to you all! 

37 minutes ago, penguin9 said:

I was offered a spot off the waitlist today for the Waterloo campus! I am giving myself a few days to think about it before making a decision as I have other OOP schools to consider. 

- I received my original waitlist email at 8:18am EST on May 12 and my name is near the end of the alphabet

Congratulations on your offer! You're in a tough position, gl on your decision :)

P.S. I wish everyone was as detailed as you in your description of the offer 

11 hours ago, MDWoman said:
12 hours ago, penguin9 said:

Congratulations on your offer! You're in a tough position, gl on your decision :)

P.S. I wish everyone was as detailed as you in your description of the offer 

Thank you! 

I declined my offer for Mac in favour of UBC. There's a Waterloo seat coming at you guys soon! All the best :)