Premed 101 Forums

McMaster Waitlist Party 2020

3 minutes ago, MDLD said:

Duddde, just asking a question... 

The waitlist could be anywhere from 100-300 people, we have no idea how many people they rejected.

im thinking they may have made it slightly larger this year? If they're expecting more movement or to minimize the rejection complaints lol

7 minutes ago, William Osler said:

The waitlist moves by more than 100. Mac offered 114 waitlist applicants in 2017-18. However, the waitlist also moves when those with Ontario offers and Mac waitlist accepts the Ontario offer and takes themselves off Mac waitlist

Do you know anyone who has been rejected?

9 minutes ago, lizaloo223 said:

The waitlist could be anywhere from 100-300 people, we have no idea how many people they rejected.

im thinking they may have made it slightly larger this year? If they're expecting more movement or to minimize the rejection complaints lol

My prediction of the lottery 450

Accept 100

Waitlist 250

Reject 100

11 minutes ago, ejvrei said:

Also waitlisted. Timestamp is 8:18. I'm pretty sure last year it was alphabetical by last name which makes sense for me (end of alphabet)

My timestamp is 8:14, last name is at the very beginning of the alphabet. Are we talking about the order of the waitlist or the order in which they send their emails for waitlist?

Just now, LetsTryThisAgain19 said:

My timestamp is 8:14, last name is at the very beginning of the alphabet. Are we talking about the order of the waitlist or the order in which they send their emails for waitlist?

Hm I didnt consider it that way. My timestamps also 8:14 and last name at the very beginning.

2 minutes ago, LetsTryThisAgain19 said:

Order in which they send out emails for the waitlist (basically I don't think that timestamp is indicative of waitlist order)

5 minutes ago, ejvrei said:

Order in which they send out emails for the waitlist (basically I don't think that timestamp is indicative of waitlist order)

In that case yes, I think you're totally right, timestamp seems to be indicative of the fact that they just sent emails in Alphabetical order.