Premed 101 Forums

McMaster Waitlist Party 2020

28 minutes ago, William Osler said:

Def 250, could even be 300

If 250, 100 are rejected - how come no rejected ppl are posting/

I'm 99% sure most rejected ppl aren't going to post on a forum about it tbh but we might see some in the coming days. McMaster did say that ppl would be rejected so I really doubt that they'd go back on their word without telling us

Just now, GamingMD said:

I'm 99% sure most rejected ppl aren't going to post on a forum about it tbh but we might see some in the coming days. McMaster did say that ppl would be rejected so I really doubt that they'd go back on their word without telling us

They for sure rejected people - just trying to estimate the size of waitlist from # of rejections posted here

Shady statistics things lol

Just now, GamingMD said:

Also people that got accepted somewhere else but rejected here might not bother posting their stats until later. (They're celebrating/on other forums) 

if this was your only interview and you got rejected you're probably angry at the whole lottery business and not post either who knows 

35 minutes ago, lizaloo223 said:

If button = waitlist, at least 50 people on premed 101 have the button and responded to the poll....waitlist is def around 200-250

To my understanding, the 318 offers are a culmination of what is sent between initial offers and all waitlist offers. In past threads some people have said that Mac over accepts to start ( guessing 240 sent out today?), meaning we can expect a lot of waitlist movement (~80 if historical data is representative).

No idea how many people got rejected, idk if I'd be hopping on back here if I got a lottery rejection, think I'd waiting a bit  ..and previous years showed a lot of rejections eventually 

Just now, justamom said:

To my understanding, the 318 offers are a culmination of what is sent between initial offers and all waitlist offers. In past threads some people have said that Mac over accepts to start ( guessing 240 sent out today?), meaning we can expect a lot of waitlist movement (~80 if historical data is representative).

No idea how many people got rejected, idk if I'd be hopping on back here if I got a lottery rejection, think I'd waiting a bit  ..and previous years showed a lot of rejections eventually 

316 offers were made in total to fill the class of 202 in 2017-2018. Not sure if Mac over-offers to begin with but thats not too important

Waitlist movement also includes those that take themselves off the waitlist by accepting other Ontario MD offers which is not reflected int he 316 number

LOTS of movement; pray youre ranked high by the lottery gods

Just now, Lottery2020 said:

Do you guys think there would be any way we could get them to tell us our waitlist rank or is that just not gonna happen 

You can try the worst they can say is no

You guys have a very good case - usually they arent given out because applicants can infer based on their rank their MMI performance which is a form of feedback which Mac does not want to give away

This year, the ranking is arbritary, made up, meaningless essentially in value so theyve nothing to lose by divulging it and honestly they owe you that

7 minutes ago, William Osler said:

You can try the worst they can say is no

You guys have a very good case - usually they arent given out because applicants can infer based on their rank their MMI performance which is a form of feedback which Mac does not want to give away

This year, the ranking is arbritary, made up, meaningless essentially in value so theyve nothing to lose by divulging it and honestly they owe you that

Wish they could be more transparent like McGill. McGill also does MMI, but they tell you your position in the waitlist, and real-time update on how many people are still in front of you. They also release the ranking to all applicants (GPA ranking, CASPer ranking, and CV ranking), so rejected people know where they were among everybody else.