Premed 101 Forums

McMaster Waitlist Party 2020

3 minutes ago, William Osler said:

Yes that went out June 26 2019 

The waitlist is still open in case anyone does decide to drop out or defer (or are arrested and charged with voyeurism after being caught recording girls in the Eaton Centre Forever 21)

Wait what... did that actually happen

1 hour ago, MedWonderer said:

Exactly, I don't see why we can't have at least been given a category for where we are in the wait list. Like someone said this waitlist process can go on through the entire summer too so if I'm not going to make it I want to at least have an idea of that. 

It's absolutely insane to me that Mac cancels interviews and holds a lottery, effectively pissing off virtually all applicants... and then decides to torture everyone further by waitlisting virtually everyone? Giving so many applicants false hope? 

God Mac has been a disaster throughout this

7 minutes ago, TheStern said:

It's absolutely insane to me that Mac cancels interviews and holds a lottery, effectively pissing off virtually all applicants... and then decides to torture everyone further by waitlisting virtually everyone? Giving so many applicants false hope? 

God Mac has been a disaster throughout this

I just can't accept the reasoning for their choice  .. that they looked into the technology and couldn't find anything to provide a solution? Then supported this decision with more nonsense. The reality  is either that they received very poor technical advice or that the admissions team have hoodie-syndrome , it's a bit like white-coat syndrome except with a geek in a hoodie. Seriously, the technology to hold multiple interviews is most definitely available, and reliable, and should have been used, Applicants could even have had the interview on their phone if necessary.

33 minutes ago, William Osler said:

Yes that went out June 26 2019 

The waitlist is still open in case anyone does decide to drop out or defer (or are arrested and charged with voyeurism after being caught recording girls in the Eaton Centre Forever 21)

What ever happened with that person? They were removed from the class for sure right? 

Just now, Appledanish said:

Hello guys! Speaking of the lottery, I applied for PA this year and got waitlisted with no interview as well. Do you think they used the lottery system for PA too??

MD Admissions and PA Admissions are very walled off and are only connected as departments in the faculty of health sciences so your guess is as good as mine

28 minutes ago, justamom said:

I just can't accept the reasoning for their choice  .. that they looked into the technology and couldn't find anything to provide a solution? Then supported this decision with more nonsense. The reality  is either that they received very poor technical advice or that the admissions team have hoodie-syndrome , it's a bit like white-coat syndrome except with a geek in a hoodie. Seriously, the technology to hold multiple interviews is most definitely available, and reliable, and should have been used, Applicants could even have had the interview on their phone if necessary.

Its laziness. Not a good look for a medical school imo

4 minutes ago, William Osler said:

MD Admissions and PA Admissions are very walled off and are only connected as departments in the faculty of health sciences so your guess is as good as mine

I didn’t think much of the waitlist until I saw the lottery with med applicants, so I was just wondering. Thanks for your theory!

33 minutes ago, justamom said:

I 100% agree! How did they think that lottery was more fair than even a phone interview?? Yes you can’t see the person but at least you can hear them and listen to what they have to say?!?

1 minute ago, premed1995 said:

Will wait list offers start going out today or is that too early?i can’t believe they put everyone on the wait list....

Too early, usually starts a couple days later

I wouldn't really look forward to any particular day though or else this entire wait will be torture. Big wave on May 27 tho. Its Wendy individually emailing each applicant x 100+ so it may take a while too

Please update the thread once any of you hear from Wendy regarding a spot opening up

Just now, LeBruv said:

I understand the anxiety fam but at this point they do not benefit from lying to us about there being rejections. 

Thats true  - Lets say they had 450 and they ran the lottery and accepted 100. If youre position 350 and they rejected 50 (you will be waitlisted) vs 100 ppl (you will be rejected), it ultimately does not affect the distance between you and making it off the waitlist

2 minutes ago, William Osler said:

Thats true  - Lets say they had 450 and they ran the lottery and accepted 100. If youre position 350 and they rejected 50 (you will be waitlisted) vs 100 ppl (you will be rejected), it ultimately does not affect the distance between you and making it off the waitlist

The numbers are pure speculation there. We do not have the insight into the number of waitlisted and rejected. It’s just causing unnecessary worry. If you are waitlisted and rejected this year, just keep in mind the interview next year is still there.