Premed 101 Forums

2020 Waitlist Thread

2 hours ago, newmy88 said:

Just thought I'd put this out there (maybe I'm just trying to soothe my sad soul) - but someone who interviewed the exact same day and time that I did got the waitlist e-mail at the exact same waitlist time as me. Could there be any way they sent them out in order of interview dates or in groupings of interview dates?

Sounds interesting, you might be on to something! But also I have a feeling our interview time/date also correlates to pre-interview score... or maybe it's random idk. Just one person is a small sample size but that would be interesting if we there's a correlation.

Anyone interview on Feb 28? I was 11am.

50 minutes ago, klj.klnmk,mn said:

Hey guys, I am making a timestamp + GPA + username excel just to see when the waitlist begin to move, if people from the top of the timestamp will start getting off of the waitlist etc. 

When a new timestamp begins with a higher GPA, I might make the assumption that it is a new bin. I hope the timestamp doesn't correlate with GPA but with having this excel sheet, it might be easier to see everything and visualize it vs. going back to page 1 and compare things. 

I'm going to start it with the English stream first only because it has the most variation with the timestamps and i'll add in french stream after. 

Great idea! Thank you

22 minutes ago, klj.klnmk,mn said:

It's not looking good for me :( So I think this is it for me. I'll try to cross off anyone that removes themselves off of the waitlist. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 11.51.38 AM.png

Thank you so much for making the sheet.

Sorry I made a mistake entering my timestamp before. Mine was at 7:37:09. I didn't want to leave it there and freak everyone out in case any calls are made.

And it's not over yet for us until they say so. I'm keep my fingers crossed for everyone. <3

Guys I was just thinking about this, so give me your thoughts: 

Our interview invites were sent out at different times, within a 2 hours interval. I don't think that we were somehow ranked pre interview, in that certain people were getting offers emailed earlier bc they were stronger candidates..? It must have been randomized.

I also dont think their system could handle sending out that many invites at one time.

Can't it be the case here with the waitlist? It was totally randomized? Maybe by OMSAS # or things like that?  

26 minutes ago, DrOtter said:

Thank you so much for making the sheet.

Sorry I made a mistake entering my timestamp before. Mine was at 7:37:09. I didn't want to leave it there and freak everyone out in case any calls are made.

And it's not over yet for us until they say so. I'm keep my fingers crossed for everyone. <3

I just rechecked my email and see that the earliest time stamp in the source section is 11:37:29 which im assuming is 7:37:29 in EST if you wanted to update that. There honestly seems to be a trend! Thanks for making this btw.

Just now, applicant4748290987 said:

Does the waitlist only start to move after the 2 weeks are up? or is there movement before

I'm assuming there is technically movement now as we speak, as students are making their final choices. But us waitlisters will be notified in two weeks.