Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, Left Line said:

Sorry, I was responding to the controversy comment.

Haha I got confused man. I mentioned it because I've seen negative sentiments expressed by students turning down a Mac offer in favour of another. It was making me feel like the WL movement at Ottawa would be less than prev years but now I'm starting to believe it could still be offset by other factors overall (e.g. staying closer to home).

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey guys!!!!! I am literally going crazy right now!!!!! I barely can breath I just got the email from chantal that I got off the waitlist!!!!!!!! I HOPE YOU GUYS HEAR BACK ASAP

I calmed down a bit before making this post but I got the email from Chantal at 2:06 as well!! Was not expecting this!!! See everyone online in the fall and best of luck to anyone still on the waiting

HOLY SH*TTTTTTTTT guys. Chantal just sent me an offer e-mail. The first wave is HAPPENING RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS I'M HYPERVENTILATING!!!!!!!            

Posted Images

I think it’s reasonable to expect waitlist movement to be relatively the same as previous years at all Ontario med schools. It’s seems highly unlikely that movement would change drastically because 1 school decided to do a lottery of their top candidates. Dw WuhanClan, I’m sure you’ll hear back from Ottawa soon with an acceptance 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Left Line said:

The lottery controversy at Mac bears minimal effect on education quality presented to the student, whoever that student may be. Mac will still enjoy its ranking near the top of medical schools, and its students will continue to acquire experiences and network opportunities in consideration of future carms matching.

I totally agree with this!! Students with multiple offers might choose other schools due to personal preference, as they do each year, but I doubt a substantial number of people would turn down a top ranked school due to a system which although seemingly unfair, doesn’t really betray the integrity of the program as much as is being expressed. At the end of the day everyone who was invited to an interview is extremely well rounded and any one of them would make an excellent doctor. Call me cynical but I’m also taking some of the “negative posts” about Mac with a grain of salt, as I’ve heard rumours that some people making these posts are actually on the wait list and are hoping that by fuelling the fire the list will move faster. Again these are just rumours and I don’t know if they’re true, and I’m not saying that people who have chosen other schools or have disagreed with Mac’s process are in this situation, but during these times I’m just taking everything with a grain of salt and trying to relax as much as I can! The wait 100% sucks but hopefully everyone will start hearing some good news soon :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another point that might impact waitlist this year: Ottawa was the only school that was able to complete its interviews.
 

This means it was the only school that interviewees were able to actually go on a tour & orientation for, talk to the current med students face to face and have their questions answered. Therefore more people might choose Ottawa over other schools because they were able to get a feel for the school whereas they wouldn’t be able to do that for schools where the interview was either cancelled or online. 
 

Sorry if I’m freaking other waitlisters out :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, newmy88 said:

What do you guys think the chances are of the 7:45+ getting offers? Honestly? I know anything’s possible, but I’m just looking to get some outside opinions so I can try and plan for the future 

So like this isn't to shatter your hopes, but this is coming from a person who interviewed at Ottawa and was on Ottawa's waitlist 2 years in a row, eventually getting off of it the second year. 

I'll confidently say the timestamp theory is not a theory. It's real, as much as people may say otherwise. 

Based on the spreadsheet, it's most likely that it will make its way down to about the 7:41/42 timestamp, and then slowly trickle. This is based on how I saw it go 2 years in a row. The second year, I was fairly confident I was going to get an offer, and sure enough I did after the 2 weeks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, waifu4laifu said:

So like this isn't to shatter your hopes, but this is coming from a person who interviewed at Ottawa and was on Ottawa's waitlist 2 years in a row, eventually getting off of it the second year. 

I'll confidently say the timestamp theory is not a theory. It's real, as much as people may say otherwise. 

Based on the spreadsheet, it's most likely that it will make its way down to about the 7:41/42 timestamp, and then slowly trickle. This is based on how I saw it go 2 years in a row. The second year, I was fairly confident I was going to get an offer, and sure enough I did after the 2 weeks. 

I appreciate the honesty ❤️

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, waifu4laifu said:

So like this isn't to shatter your hopes, but this is coming from a person who interviewed at Ottawa and was on Ottawa's waitlist 2 years in a row, eventually getting off of it the second year. 

I'll confidently say the timestamp theory is not a theory. It's real, as much as people may say otherwise. 

Based on the spreadsheet, it's most likely that it will make its way down to about the 7:41/42 timestamp, and then slowly trickle. This is based on how I saw it go 2 years in a row. The second year, I was fairly confident I was going to get an offer, and sure enough I did after the 2 weeks. 

Do you have any information on the French stream? I have seen that many people who got in previous years had timestamps of 7:25 and many people this year also have that 7:25 timestamp. Should I consider that I have very little chances with a 7:26 timestamp?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Happy Man Man said:

Do you have any information on the French stream? I have seen that many people who got in previous years had timestamps of 7:25 and many people this year also have that 7:25 timestamp. Should I consider that I have very little chances with a 7:26 timestamp?

It's hard to say. Is the timestamp only the minutes, down to the seconds, is regular and CNFS mix or separate? We don't know ANY of this. We are only speculating. Plus the people on this forum are only a small representation of the whole pool of applicants (for both english and french).

How do you know many people got in in previous years from 7:25?

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Happy Man Man said:

Do you have any information on the French stream? I have seen that many people who got in previous years had timestamps of 7:25 and many people this year also have that 7:25 timestamp. Should I consider that I have very little chances with a 7:26 timestamp?

I'm only familiar with the English stream, sorry.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Happy Man Man said:

Do you have any information on the French stream? I have seen that many people who got in previous years had timestamps of 7:25 and many people this year also have that 7:25 timestamp. Should I consider that I have very little chances with a 7:26 timestamp?

Post your wGPA and "created" email time so we can add you to the French stream stats!

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, zackattack881 said:

It's hard to say. Is the timestamp only the minutes, down to the seconds, is regular and CNFS mix or separate? We don't know ANY of this. We are only speculating. Plus the people on this forum are only a small representation of the whole pool of applicants (for both english and french).

How do you know many people got in in previous years from 7:25?

I have a friend who's in the CNFS stream (waitlist) and her timestamp is 7:19

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Total Gunner said:

Would love to. No idea how to figure that out on my phone or laptop.

Go on gmail, click on the 3 dots on the right hand side of your email, then press "Control F" and type "creation" and there you'll find the time. (It'll be the 11th hour instead of the 7th hour due to timezone differences)!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, littleduck said:

Go on gmail, click on the 3 dots on the right hand side of your email, then press "Control F" and type "creation" and there you'll find the time. (It'll be the 11th hour instead of the 7th hour due to timezone differences)!

I used my university email not gmail, i guess thats why i dont have it. My uni uses outlook

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...