Premed 101 Forums

2020 Waitlist Thread

1 minute ago, Total Gunner said:

I used my university email not gmail, i guess thats why i dont have it. My uni uses outlook

I think it should be around the same for outlook.

1) click the three dots on the top right

2) click view source

3) Search (Control F) "Create"

Let me know if that works for your uni email!

(The time should begin with 11:41:xx)!

Thanks again!

27 minutes ago, Total Gunner said:

I used my university email not gmail, i guess thats why i dont have it. My uni uses outlook

Hey! On outlook, click the 3 dots at the top right corner, click view --> view message details, then control f 11, and the earliest time you see would be your creation time. 

(It says 11 because of time zone differences. In actuality, it's 7 something!)

Just now, TylenolExtraStrength said:

Hey! On outlook, click the 3 dots at the top right corner, click view --> view message details, then control f 11, and the earliest time you see would be your creation time. 

(It says 11 because of time zone differences. In actuality, it's 7 something!)

Oh I see. One sec

So do we think there might be some waitlist movement today in an hour or so? Or are we thinking that the offers on Friday were an anomaly? I know the easy answer is to wait an hour and find out but for some reason with all of the waiting and patience this hour seems like the longest!

Hey everyone. I just wanted to say that I have been in your position and I vividly remember the excruciating pain I went through the summer of 2018 being on Ottawa’s good waitlist. With it being the only waitlist I was on (I got rejected from UofC post interview) I felt the pressure. After all this hard work you have put in, you really need it to work out this time. Thinking of all the work you have to put in all over again this year if you’re not accepted is a daunting thought. 

I actually never made it off of Ottawa’s good waitlist (wGPA: 3.92). It seemed that they went through the waitlist until 3.93 that year and nearly reached my timestamp (off by 00:00:12) but it wasn’t enough. That shit hurt man. To add to the pain, I never got an interview again from Ottawa in the following years. In fact in 2019 I didn’t get any interviews from any med school. I thought that I had lost my only chance of getting in. Nonetheless, in 2020 I got invited and accepted to UofT. 

So, I’m here to tell you to be hopeful but also realistic and strong. Yes, there is a chance you will make it off the waitlist but beware of putting too much faith in the good waitlist. Plan this summer and fall properly and prepare yourself in the event that you never get off the waitlist. Bad waitlist is a polite rejection. Not a single person has gotten off the bad waitlist in recent years, so it would have to be a miracle for it to happen. 

The timestamp theory does have some merit to it. I was very involved in tracking it and once the waitlist offers came out in 2018 we saw that it corresponded to timestamps based on the GPA, except some outliers. One thing I will mention is that some people calculate their wGPA wrong and it could be the reason for those outliers. 

Either way, stay strong, hopeful and realistic regardless of what happens. You’re going to be a doctor one day, don’t lose hope. 

30 minutes ago, klj.klnmk,mn said:

Since I'm in the late 46 timestamp, there is zero hope for me so I'll be popping in to just update the spreadsheet when waitlist starts to move! Hopefully that data can help me and everyone else out next year if we are lucky get an interview again (hopefully everyone here can get in though :P). Starting the MCAT studying today. 

Best of luck to everyone and thank you @Total Gunner for the data!!!

I don't think you should lose hope! Not until we start seeing some WL offers that is! You got this!

52 minutes ago, klj.klnmk,mn said:

Since I'm in the late 46 timestamp, there is zero hope for me so I'll be popping in to just update the spreadsheet when waitlist starts to move! Hopefully that data can help me and everyone else out next year if we are lucky get an interview again (hopefully everyone here can get in though :P). Starting the MCAT studying today. 

Best of luck to everyone and thank you @Total Gunner for the data!!!

same here, I'm out :angry: