Premed 101 Forums

2020 Waitlist Thread

We can already see created timestamps correlating with GPAs... I don't see any high 3.9s after 7:41 and no lower GPAs before 7:41 so that makes me think most of us that posted are on the high good waitlist but maybe that's the exhaustingly stressed optimist in me just holding onto my last string. Not enough data yet but I'm predicting 7:3x - 7:41 timestamps up till 7:41:43 to be the first WL bin.

Edited by WuhanClan
Now I see someone with a 4.00 GPA that got their WL a little after mine at 7:41 so I think that's the start of the next bin

Stream: EN

Time You Received E-mail: 7:46 AM

"Created" Time: 7:45:46 AM

GPA: 3.96

Good waitlist

Assuming my waitlist time, I believe I’m pretty far down on the list. Makes me sad because this was my only interview... but we won’t know until we know.

Stream (EN/FR): EN
Time You Received E-mail:  7:37AM
"Created" Time: 7:37AM
wGPA: 3.99

Idk if this is "good", seems pretty standard:

Your application for admission to the Faculty of Medicine for the academic year 2020-2021 was carefully considered by the Admissions Committee.  At the present time, offers have been made for admission in the Anglophone stream to the top one-hundred and sixteen (116) candidates on the list of excellence.

Your name has been placed on a waiting list.  You will be notified by telephone or by e-mail communication if your name appears at the top of the list, should a vacancy occur before September.

Candidates on the waiting list will be notified by e-mail as soon as the class is filled.

Although the sequential order of the waiting list does not change, rankings will change on a daily basis as students confirm acceptances.  For this reason, candidates are requested not to contact our office for their ranking position since this information cannot be given.

If you are offered admission to another medical school (outside the province) and wish to withdraw your name from our list, please advise us in writing or by e-mail.

7 minutes ago, isthistheend? said:

Stream (EN/FR): EN
Time You Received E-mail:  7:37AM
"Created" Time: 7:37AM
wGPA: 3.99

Idk if this is "good", seems pretty standard:

Your application for admission to the Faculty of Medicine for the academic year 2020-2021 was carefully considered by the Admissions Committee.  At the present time, offers have been made for admission in the Anglophone stream to the top one-hundred and sixteen (116) candidates on the list of excellence.

Your name has been placed on a waiting list.  You will be notified by telephone or by e-mail communication if your name appears at the top of the list, should a vacancy occur before September.

Candidates on the waiting list will be notified by e-mail as soon as the class is filled.

Although the sequential order of the waiting list does not change, rankings will change on a daily basis as students confirm acceptances.  For this reason, candidates are requested not to contact our office for their ranking position since this information cannot be given.

If you are offered admission to another medical school (outside the province) and wish to withdraw your name from our list, please advise us in writing or by e-mail.

I think this is a good sign! :D good luck

Here is some data if you want to go back and look at previous years:

GPA: 3.955

May 10, 2016: 11:59:17 (Good Waitlist). I believe this year the timestamps for good WL were 58 and 59. Someone that year with a 3.92 gpa and email at 11:59 was accepted off WL, I was not. I'm sure there is more data there if you go back and look.

May 9, 2017: 11:37:49 (this was the year they got rid of good/bad waitlist). The timestamps were either 11:37 or 11:38 (someone could double check though).

May 8, 2018: 11:45:45 (Good waitlist). This is they year I was accepted off WL. In the first round of WL invites. Someone messaged me privately telling me their timestamp was at the "higher end of 45: 0-59". I don't know their GPA, but they did not get in.

Stream (EN/FR): English
Time You Received E-mail: 5:40 AM*
"Created" Time: I’m on outlook but I’m not sure when it was truly created.
wGPA: 3.88

* I reside in Manitoba, which means I am an hour behind Ontario or Quebec. Therefore, I’m guessing it was actually sent at 6:40. 

I don’t know how to tell if I’m on the Good or Bad waitlist, but I received the same message as what was posted on this thread by others. I think it might be “good”?