Premed 101 Forums

2020 Waitlist Thread

Hmmm that is so strange... I’m sure you guys will hear back soon. Also on another note - I tried to post another picture of the updated excel sheet... but I’m not sure how to manage my attachments cause it’s currently saying I have too many lol. Any ideas on how I can share the info with you guys?

There will be a number of people with multiple acceptances/WLs who are going to take this last weekend to think things over. Consequently, there may not be much movement until next week once people make decisions on their offers and seats move around. 

This is purely conjecture, but it makes sense. I don't know who needs to hear this but don't let this waitlist discourage you and certainly don't let it distract you from the fact that it's going to be a beautiful weekend out (depending on where you live, ha). Get out, enjoy yourselves, and stay safe!

Hey guys! So I couldn't figure out the attachments thing (lol not tech savvy :() so I just made an anonymous account so you guys can view this as I update it!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DBFoABosUaEUvGhP_eBDiPgKIDyGWsch/view?usp=sharing

If theres anything I missed or its wrong please feel free to PM me :) 

Hey so I spent way too much time trying to figure out who could be in the French or English stream in the Facebook group and after establishing parameters and going systematically through the list, my educated guess would be around 80 for English stream and 35 for French (including CFMS), in addition to around 19 upper years. I know the numbers don't quite add up, some people were just a big mystery! And please take all of this with a grain of salt, this is a very none scientific analysis and the numbers could be off, meaning the p value of my big research is not significant :P

Have a nice weekend everyone :D

24 minutes ago, Bleuet said:

Hey so I spent way too much time trying to figure out who could be in the French or English stream in the Facebook group and after establishing parameters and going systematically through the list, my educated guess would be around 80 for English stream and 35 for French (including CFMS), in addition to around 19 upper years. I know the numbers don't quite add up, some people were just a big mystery! And please take all of this with a grain of salt, this is a very none scientific analysis and the numbers could be off, meaning the p value of my big research is not significant :P

You’re amazing! Thank you SO much for taking the time to do that. Out of those people, some are still deciding too right? Even if that’s not the case, leaves us Waitlisters with lots of spots still open! 

28 minutes ago, Bleuet said:

We really appreciate you putting in the effort to look into this to give us a bit of hope! THANK YOUU!!! :D

I just give my spot in the french stream, good luck people, I'd never imagined getting in four school with the result of last year so improvement is possible :), I also recommend watching anime, it really help me with the waiting time through my 4th year of biomed 

edit: Also expect more movement in the WL french stream this year since more seat are given in Qc (could you guess why ?)