Premed 101 Forums

2020 Waitlist Thread

2 hours ago, thankful23 said:

Long time lurker, thank you everyone for your contributions and dedication to this thread. Off waitlist today at 11:50AM.

Original waitlist timestamp: 7:39:25

Stream: English

wGPA: 3.95

Geo: IP

EDIT: This was my 5th time applying, and my 4th time interviewing - needless to say, keep your heads held high and eyes on the prize. It will come! Will likely accept unless i get off U of T waitlist - will definitely keep you updated. All the best to you guys!

Congrajulations! Does that mean there isn't a 3 times interviewing limit for OttawaU?

Hey everyone! Just wanted to update that I was accepted today at 11:50 am. And I just looked at the spreadsheet, the WL email time on it says 7:40 for myself, but it’s actually 7:39:23!

I know of people that were accepted till June 12-13 last year so don’t lose hope guys, there’s still lots of time to go!!!

2 minutes ago, DrOtter said:

There are around 159 members in the group atm. But about 19-20 are admins/upper years. I'd say there are still a healthy number of waitlist spots to go out. 

Ahhh you're the best! Thanks so much! Are there any people who have decided on other offers that could still be in the group by any chance?

50 minutes ago, moonpie said:

Do you guys think the French waitlist is going to keep moving or no? 

It definitely will! Class was full on June 24th last year!

Edit: I also emailed a first year med student in the French stream and she told me that last year there were about 7 to 10 individuals accepted from the waitlist in her class. We can expect that number to go up this year because Quebec schools have more seats this year and tuition there is much cheaper!

Edited by TrustTheProcess21
Additional details

To add to that, someone in my class (French stream) was accepted mid August from the waitlist! The "class is full" email was sent end of June, but that person still got in after.

Also, 2-3 years ago, I heard of someone getting in at the end of August! Never lose hope :)

Hello everyone! 

I'm posting late. But I also recieved an offer from the waitlist yesterday. My initial timestamp was 739. It looks like the timestamp theory is 100% correct. 

These past two weeks were not fun at all. For those who are still waiting, keep yourselves busy and do not lose hope. I think there is still quite abit of movement left to go :)

cant wait to meet my class!! 

cheers 

8 minutes ago, WuhanClan said:

Congrats on your offer! For the rest of us that are still waiting what do you mean? It seems like the class is like 90% full

Thanks:) and as mentioned, approx. 80-90 students get off the waitlist a year. I think alot of this movement started yesterday. I doubt they covered all of those spots in one day. Just my speculation at least. 

Ps. My favourite WuTang track is Visionz. But the GZA album liquid swords takes the cake. Assuming ur a WuTang fan haha. 

1 hour ago, premed72 said:

Hello everyone! 

I'm posting late. But I also recieved an offer from the waitlist yesterday. My initial timestamp was 739. It looks like the timestamp theory is 100% correct. 

These past two weeks were not fun at all. For those who are still waiting, keep yourselves busy and do not lose hope. I think there is still quite abit of movement left to go :)

cant wait to meet my class!! 

cheers 

Congrats!!! What was your created time in seconds? Just wondering if they got up to 7:39:35 ish!

@premed72

That's true, hopefully that number stays consistent this year too. Some WLers were getting offers 2 weeks ago so they might've filled more spots a little quicker than previous years. I don't want to get my hopes up but let's just hope there are still a considerable number of offers remaining. BTW in addition to littleduck's question do you mind sharing your GPA?

P.s Corona is temporary but WuTang is Forever haha

Based on the size of the FB group (again not a reliable metric), I feel like there may be another 20-30 offers to go, since someone said a bit less than 20 are upper years, and some people added to the group may have gotten multiple offers and won't choose Ottawa. Again, just an estimate but still some hope for people :D We won't know until it's over

15 minutes ago, WuhanClan said:

@premed72

That's true, hopefully that number stays consistent this year too. Some WLers were getting offers 2 weeks ago so they might've filled more spots a little quicker than previous years.

If you look at last year's data and compare it to this year's all the waitlist movement (thus far) has reached about the same GPA spot (a little higher actually) in bin 1 as last year's movement up until the 2 weeks post initial offer timeline. So I think it's safe to say that while the majority of offers of the waitlist are sent (22 with presumable waitlist offers thus far+offers not posted) they're right up to where they typically would be, and movement (several times last year) into June is normal. It may not make immediate sense (where are offers in June coming from?) but there are several places they could come from. OOP waitlist rejects (accepted OOP, but still on the waitlist, so the waitlist offer is rejected), second-guessing choosing Medicine, delayed 2 week deadline offers, etc... 

It's also worth remembering that this year is a big exception to the norm in people posting. When 80 people+lurkers are active in a waitlist thread it means you're going to see tons of movement you wouldn't have seen in the past simply because people are posting. Given the existing patterns, I'd expect more waitlist offers today/early next week. 

17 minutes ago, zm2018 said:

got an email yesterday at 11:47, thanks for being supportive everyone, good luck to you all and hope to see you next year :) 

Congrats!! I asked the same question to Premed but what was your created time in seconds! Just curious as to how far we are in the 39 time stamp