Premed 101 Forums

2020 Waitlist Thread

1 hour ago, waitwhxt said:

Would it be unprecedented if there are no offers today?

No, last year they sent offers out on Wednesday and Thursday, then not again until Monday. But they also didn't send any offers until that Wednesday after the OMSAS deadline last year (at least nobody posted about it), so it wasn't that peculiar for us to not hear back on Wednesday this year. 

22 minutes ago, Ganglion said:

Congrats to everybody who got in!

How likely do you guys think the uOttawa offers will spill into the "bad" waitlist?

Tryna stay hopeful but have to face reality :(

I was on the bad waitlist last year. I STRONGLY recommend killing all hope that you’ll get in. It will allow you to mentally move on and save you from a lot of unnecessary pain. Enjoy life and focus on making your application better for next year!

@GanglionJust remember that we've basically untangled how their ranking system works, and it is very heavily based on your interview performance it seems. You clearly have what it takes to make it to the interview process, which in and of itself is a huge accomplishment! The difference between you being on the good waitlist and the bad waitlist could have been as simple as one of the interviewers feeling off that day. Make sure to practice as much as you can on your interviewing skills, and hopefully we'll all be peers next year :D

If there's anything I've learned from this waitlist, it's that this years class seems filled with incredibly kind and caring individuals. I'm sure there's a number of people who have been accepted that would be glad to help you prepare for interviews when you get one next year, and everyone will be ecstatic when you knock it out of the park! 

51 minutes ago, TrustTheProcess21 said:

There are now 169 people on the FB group, minus the 19 admins, that gives us 150 students! 14 spots left! Not feeling too hopeful being in the French stream, but we’ll see! :unsure:

hey I know it might seem like a tempting metric (I always refresh it too haha) but don't forget we don't know how easily they let people into the group (whether they confirm acceptance or not) or whether people who were accepted, joined a different school and never left that group. So it's not over until its over :D Plus, they keep sending offers up until much later in June traditionally (though this year could be different but we don't know).

Personally, I'm prepared for failure in that I'll bounce back if it doesn't work out and get back on the grind, but let's not lose all hope yet :) 

You got this! #trusttheprocess

22 minutes ago, TrustTheProcess21 said:

There are now 169 people on the FB group, minus the 19 admins, that gives us 150 students! 14 spots left! Not feeling too hopeful being in the French stream, but we’ll see! :unsure:

I think it is safe to assume or guess (lol) that at least 10 members in the group joined prior to making their decision and did not commit to Ottawa 

32 minutes ago, TrustTheProcess21 said:

I know of at least 3 people who are still in the group despite already accepting offers to other schools. One of my friends was actually added to the group AFTER accepting his offer to another school. Don't put too much weight into the group size. 

Just wanted to say, on this Monday of last year, there was another wave of waitlist offers that went out starting at 3.94 GPA. It seems like tomorrow starts at 3.95-3.94 GPA. There was another wave that came out on June 6th last year, where it seems some people were offered out of the second bin (3.99-4.00 GPAs). 

Hopefully this year will be similar. Don't lose hope yet my friends!