Premed 101 Forums

2020 Waitlist Thread

Updated "micro" spreadsheet of this area: EDIT: The rankings on the right reflect the original order, not the order as people reject the waitlist. 

34 BingBop 7:39:30 3.94 Yes June 2nd      
35 Cardi(ology) B 7:39:31 3.94 Presumably        
38 boohwahl 7:41:15 3.92 Yes June 2nd      
39 littleduck 7:41:17 3.918          
40 grepefruit12 7:41:19 3.91          
42 WuhanClan 7:41:25 3.908          
43 Me 7:41:26 3.907          
44 Dr. Shqipe 7:41:27 3.896          

We've had 27 offers posted+presumable offers filling in the gaps, so there should still be some offers left. 

3 minutes ago, MedicineLCS said:

Updated "micro" spreadsheet of this area:

34 BingBop 7:39:30 3.94 Yes June 2nd      
35 Cardi(ology) B 7:39:31 3.94 Presumably        
38 boohwahl 7:41:15 3.92 Yes June 2nd      
39 littleduck 7:41:17 3.918          
40 grepefruit12 7:41:19 3.91          
42 WuhanClan 7:41:25 3.908          
43 Me 7:41:26 3.907          
44 Dr. Shqipe 7:41:27 3.896          

We've had 27 offers posted+presumable offers filling in the gaps, so there should still be some offers left. 

@MedicineLCS when you say "some", how many do you speculate are going to be sent out?

I don't know in all honesty, the math that guaranteed offers earlier has reached the point where it starts to fall apart (I'm also starting to feel less comfortable making predictions when it's me 4 spots out). If we use the lower limit of 54 English offers and x2 as many offers as posted we're at... 54 presumed offers. It's too early for that though, so once you reach this point you're questioning assumptions like the lower limit.

What if there are actually 60 English offers, or 70? The math isn't very precise and based on guesstimates. I assumed there were 30 offers for the French/other streams, which was a high guesstimate. Bleut said the French waitlist is variable, but only typically moves between 5-10 spots for the French stream, which could leave ~70 seats to the English stream in a low year.

What about the x2 assumption? How accurate is that in reality, we don't know. We could have anywhere between a trickle of offers to another decent sized wave. At this point I'm done speculating and more interested in watching the timestamp progression since June 2nd is too early for the waitlist to end.  

On the bright side, we jumped from 7:39:30 to 7:41:15 on the same day, so that means there should be some hope for those in the 7:45 range if we do end up in the 60-70 waitlist offer territory. 

36 minutes ago, moonpie said:

I haven't heard of any movement in the French waitlist. She probably won't work on both the French and English waitlist today right? 

The only 3 offers made were on may 26th, which was a tuesday and we are tuesday today. 

Aaaaaahhhh ! How come they are on 40th in the english stream ? :eek: Maybe there was people before appledanish ? 

I feel so anxious today. :(

12 minutes ago, DrHopes said:

The only 3 offers made were on may 26th, which was a tuesday and we are tuesday today. 

Aaaaaahhhh ! How come they are on 40th in the english stream ? :eek: Maybe there was people before appledanish ? 

I feel so anxious today. :(

Same :( it's been a string of stressful Tuesdays since May 12th. I was really hoping for some movement today.... I just wish we knew how many spots are left in the French section because the stress is convincing me that there's none left