Premed 101 Forums

2020 Waitlist Thread

Hey everyone, I’ve been lurking this thread for a very long time but wanted to update that I got an offer this afternoon! My initial email timestamp was at 7:41:24 with GPA ~3.91. With this being my only offer and interview it was a dream come true. Just wanted to say that while the waiting is tough, don’t ever give up on yourself. My backup plans weren’t coming to fruition so I felt quite lost for a little while during this wait, but I’m very thankful for this thread and all the positivity that has been shared here. You are all capable of getting that MD acceptance so hang tight and always believe in yourselves!

59 minutes ago, CptAro said:

Hey everyone, I’ve been lurking this thread for a very long time but wanted to update that I got an offer this afternoon! My initial email timestamp was at 7:41:24 with GPA ~3.91. With this being my only offer and interview it was a dream come true. Just wanted to say that while the waiting is tough, don’t ever give up on yourself. My backup plans weren’t coming to fruition so I felt quite lost for a little while during this wait, but I’m very thankful for this thread and all the positivity that has been shared here. You are all capable of getting that MD acceptance so hang tight and always believe in yourselves!

Congrats thats awesome!!! Anything from @grepefruit12 or @littleduck ?

52 minutes ago, CptAro said:

Thank you @CptAro for taking the time to make an account and letting us know!!! Huge congratulations to you. It really helps us to know what timestamp the waitlist is hitting/ where it's at.

4 hours ago, zackattack881 said:

Damn, what does this mean about the timestamp theory then?

Lol maybe, it's just very strange I wonder if it has anything to do with geographical location to Ottawa, bilingualism, SES status, or other possible quotas taking precedence first before other people? Though still it wouldn't explain the first 2 people who may have been skipped.

Fingers crossed for everyone; we'll pull through together!

1 minute ago, greysweater said:

Doesn't look like it's 100% linear there are some little blips .. but maybe we should leave this to next years' waitlist to overthink and figure that out ;)

At this point I've kind of given up hope that it'll ever get to me. I'm pretty much updating this list for everyone who's pretty close to getting an offer this year and to hopefully help out those who are on the waitlist next year try to figure out what the heck is going on LOL. I update the list - they figure it out !! :P

6 minutes ago, Dr. Shqipe said:

Lol maybe, it's just very strange I wonder if it has anything to do with geographical location to Ottawa, bilingualism, SES status, or other possible quotas taking precedence first before other people? Though still it wouldn't explain the first 2 people who may have been skipped.

Fingers crossed for everyone; we'll pull through together!

i dont recall ever submitting anything regarding SES, but i think the bilingualism definitely could be a factor

16 minutes ago, newmy88 said:

At this point I've kind of given up hope that it'll ever get to me. I'm pretty much updating this list for everyone who's pretty close to getting an offer this year and to hopefully help out those who are on the waitlist next year try to figure out what the heck is going on LOL. I update the list - they figure it out !! :P

We don't deserve you!! :wub:

Also anything could still happen! As @MedicineLCS said, the predictions are getting a little funky as we move further down the list!

In the interests of puzzling out the "skipping", for those who have received waitlist offers, I'm curious if anyone is OOP/Not Bilingual/Not Low SES and received a offer? They sent at least one OOP offer earlier, but if there's a pattern (OOP, unilingual) it may point to the skipping reason. 

At the same time, the calls do double back, so let's not panic, the timestamp theory has been, with jump and starts, right in the general trend. 

Just now, MedicineLCS said:

In the interests of puzzling out the "skipping", for those who have received waitlist offers, I'm curious if anyone is OOP/Not Bilingual/Not Low SES and received a offer? They sent at least one OOP offer earlier, but if there's a pattern (OOP, unilingual) it may point to the skipping reason. 

At the same time, the calls do double back, so let's not panic, the timestamp theory has been, with jump and starts, right in the general trend. 

@MedicineLCS strikes again!!! You always come to the rescue of stressed souls! We all appreciate it!!

2 hours ago, MedicineLCS said:

I am OOP and unilingual. I applied for the low SES initiative this year but I doubt they took it into consideration. In the last two years, people in the upper end of bin 2 have received offers in mid-June and this year's trend has been similar to the last two years for the most part. I believe there are still more offers to come. Fingers crossed everyone!!