Premed 101 Forums

2020 Waitlist Thread

4 hours ago, littleduck said:

@Cardi(ology) B @Researchbunny100 @gooseberry @ApplyingMD Have you guys heard back yet??

YES Chantal emailed offering me an acceptance at 12:01 pm yesterday (June 2nd)!!!! No words for how elated and excited I am!

On another note HUGE shout out to @newmy88 and everyone else who compiled the data and made the hypothetical waitlists, they have really helped in reducing the uncertainty and the anxiety surrounding this rollercoaster of a process <3 Best of luck to everyone still waiting!!!

Why do they send 2 or 3 offers at the time ? It stresses me out ! :eek: 

After the 2 weeks delay, they had to know how many seats were left to fill. Logically, there should have been a big wave, then small ones for those of the WL who refused their offer. Although we do not have all the information, this is not what seems to be happening ... at least, not in the French stream ... They sent 3 offers on May 26, all accepted - then 2 last Tuesday , also accepted by the waitlisters... 

I paranoid that the class is full ... but only 5 places off seem small for French speakers since the tuition fees are soooooooooo much cheaper in Quebec. 

I find it really hard to be on the waitlist, even more these days. So close, yet so far. :( 

36 minutes ago, DrHopes said:

Why do they send 2 or 3 offers at the time ? It stresses me out ! :eek: 

After the 2 weeks delay, they had to know how many seats were left to fill. Logically, there should have been a big wave, then small ones for those of the WL who refused their offer. Although we do not have all the information, this is not what seems to be happening ... at least, not in the French stream ... They sent 3 offers on May 26, all accepted - then 2 last Tuesday , also accepted by the waitlisters... 

I paranoid that the class is full ... but only 5 places off seem small for French speakers since the tuition fees are soooooooooo much cheaper in Quebec. 

I find it really hard to be on the waitlist, even more these days. So close, yet so far. :( 

Keep in mind that not everyone posts here. So there could be 10 people that got in from the WL in French stream this year and that only 5 of them posted here.

4 minutes ago, zackattack881 said:

Keep in mind that not everyone posts here. So there could be 10 people that got in from the WL in French stream this year and that only 5 of them posted here.

I know  :unsure::wacko:  I swear it is driving me nuts ! :(

Just be patient, y’all! I know it’s tough, especially when we’re on lockdown, but last year the classes in both streams filled up in late June so we still have plenty of time! Find ways to keep yourselves distracted until then. Try reading or take up new hobbies! Exercise also really helps! We’ll get through this!

1 hour ago, TrustTheProcess21 said:

Just be patient, y’all! I know it’s tough, especially when we’re on lockdown, but last year the classes in both streams filled up in late June so we still have plenty of time! Find ways to keep yourselves distracted until then. Try reading or take up new hobbies! Exercice also really helps! We’ll get through this!

my new exercise routine is working out my finger and wrist by mashing the refresh button on my email & this thread 

1 hour ago, greysweater said:

Honestly, historically for uottawa administrative delays = waitlist delays. Read a lot of past waitlist threads where it's someones wedding, someone's vacation which is why there is little movement at times

^This and it's one person sending out the waitlist offers. As I noted earlier, there's no doubt she has other duties/emails/tasks to complete, so it would make sense to only work on the waitlist every couple of days. The pattern has been:

Week 1: Friday (2 offers)

Week 2: Tuesday(2)/Thursday(4)

Week 3: Tuesday(5)/Thursday (7)

Week 4: Tuesday (4)/NOT Thursday

So while it's normal to have offers on Thursday it doesn't really mean anything, if there are seats they get sent out when the time is available. 

1 minute ago, MedicineLCS said:

^This and it's one person sending out the waitlist offers. As I noted earlier, there's no doubt she has other duties/emails/tasks to complete, so it would make sense to only work on the waitlist every couple of days. The pattern has been:

Week 1: Friday (2 offers)

Week 2: Tuesday(2)/Thursday(4)

Week 3: Tuesday(5)/Thursday (7)

Week 4: Tuesday (4)/NOT Thursday

So while it's normal to have offers on Thursday it doesn't really mean anything, if there are seats they get sent out when the time is available. 

@MedicineLCS strikes one more time!! Thank you for these stats, you always come in clutch !!

2 minutes ago, grepefruit12 said:

my new exercise routine is working out my finger and wrist by mashing the refresh button on my email & this thread 

hahahaha I feel ya ! Literally, can not do anything else ! 
I've been so sleepless lately that my social networks are full of sleeping pills ads... Big Brother knows ! 

The only thing really helping me is that page... I love you guys :wub:

4 minutes ago, DrHopes said:

hahahaha I feel ya ! Literally, can not do anything else ! 
I've been so sleepless lately that my social networks are full of sleeping pills ads... Big Brother knows ! 

The only thing really helping me is that page... I love you guys :wub:

yeah real shit--you're all so great and really glad we all made such a supportive thread, I get good vibes from all of you :D

23 minutes ago, newmy88 said:

Let’s hope we see some movement tomorrow or early next week! It’s not over till it’s over!

Its too bad we can’t call to find out if the waitlist is still moving like in previous years. I’m too scared to send an email lol. Ugh, the struggle is real :P

They probably had that line every year. Anyone could call from their friends/family's phone and remain anonymous if someone really wanted to know and do us all a huge favour :cool:

Guess I'll see everyone here tomorrow 9am sharp?

3 minutes ago, WuhanClan said:

They probably had that line every year. Anyone could call from their friends/family's phone and remain anonymous if someone really wanted to know and do us all a huge favour :cool:

Guess I'll see everyone here tomorrow 9am sharp?

That’s the thing, they aren’t in the office so they aren’t picking up the phones due to coronavirus (I’ve actually called a couple times after hours to listen to the voicemail LOL). We’re unfortunately limited to e-mails which I assume they’d likely ignore :( 

But maybe you’re right!! I wouldn’t mind giving it a try during hours if I can muster up the courage.... haha 

See y’all tomorrow for another fun filled day of waiting!!!