Premed 101 Forums

2020 Waitlist Thread

2 minutes ago, DrHopes said:

My guess is that they have sent every offers, but they wait to see if everyone has the requirements before sending the «class is full» email.

Good sleuthing! They have until June 30th to send in their transcript and until August 1st to complete the BLS, police check, and immunizations.

If they're reviewing transcripts on a rolling basis and very quickly, there could be spots opening up because of that. But I feel like the spots opening because people got accepted and will get their offer revoked because they don't meet the conditions wont be until July/August after the class is full email is sent out. This is because the deadlines haven't been reached and it simply just takes a lot of time to verify things.

My guess is that they send class is full after everyone has accepted their spots and it looks reasonable. Therefore I don't think everyone has accepted their spots yet and the movement left is from that- rather than people not meeting their acceptance terms. My conservative guess is maybe 5-10 places left in english. Maybe less in french just because its a smaller class size (3-5)??

Also, based the response you got from Chantal, it seems like I was right in that Diane interpreted the amount of spots left as "some" and Chantal interpreted them as "very little".

Every year, there are people that get in after the class is full email is sent (its represented in the forum sometimes and anecdotally, I know people it's happened to). It's really sparse but it happens and that is from the people that either deferred/dropped out/ didn't meet their terms I think.

41 minutes ago, DrHopes said:

but like if there is 3-5 places or 5-10 places why don't they just do a wave and send it right away ? 

There is so much administration that goes into sending offers off the waitlist I think. Not only do they have to coordinate the different dates that currently accepted students' offers expire, but who has accepted and who is late on stuff,  but there are also students that randomly drop out if they get an OOP offer, etc. So they have to take inventory all the time on a rolling basis of how many people they have secured and not (and these all have different timelines) I think they juggle alot.

So a couple people's offers may expire 1 day, not again for a few other days, someone may drop out randomly. They're answering emails all the time from students that are already accepted trying to get their paperwork in so I think they fit in the waitlist offers on a rolling basis as they arise.

And there's not much pressure to push out waitlist offers ASAP. Because historically, they have until end of June/early July to do this and these are the timelines they have been given by their department probably. I think they just send out when they can and as they can.

I just got a response from Diane right now - sounds a little more promising and also like the “stages” might be that they’re checking the accepted for requirements. Who knows! Have a great weekend :) 

Hello,

I hope you are also well and are safe during this crazy and unpredictable time.

The admission process takes place until the start of classes in August. That is, offers are sent to people on the waiting list, in stages until the class is full.

Thank you and good luck in the admissions process.

Diane Parent

9 hours ago, greysweater said:

Good sleuthing! They have until June 30th to send in their transcript and until August 1st to complete the BLS, police check, and immunizations.

If they're reviewing transcripts on a rolling basis and very quickly, there could be spots opening up because of that. But I feel like the spots opening because people got accepted and will get their offer revoked because they don't meet the conditions wont be until July/August after the class is full email is sent out. This is because the deadlines haven't been reached and it simply just takes a lot of time to verify things.

Just wanted to jump in here and say that those are all "soft" deadlines due to COVID, with the exception of June 30th for transcripts. We received an e-mail on June 3rd instructing us to "submit what we can by the deadline" and that "the rest will be submitted when possible."

1 hour ago, TrustTheProcess21 said:

Chantal is out of her office until tomorrow, so there won’t be any movement today.

Whoops, my bad everyone! I had a friend email Chantal on Friday and she got an automatic response saying Chantal would be returning on Tuesday... guess offers are still going out. Good luck everyone!

4 hours ago, Cabbagesoup2 said:

Hey i forgot my password but this is @cabbagesoup and i received my acceptance today around noon
i will let you all know when i make my decision. 12:23pm

Omg congratulations!!! Do you mean you’ll update us when you decide if you’re accepting? I’ll update the spreadsheet now :) 

maybe when Chantal is back more offers will go out! Don’t give up hope yet friends!!