Premed 101 Forums

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey guys!!!!! I am literally going crazy right now!!!!! I barely can breath I just got the email from chantal that I got off the waitlist!!!!!!!! I HOPE YOU GUYS HEAR BACK ASAP

Got off the waitlist 2:06pm getting groceries right now almost dropped my egg whites!! 

I calmed down a bit before making this post but I got the email from Chantal at 2:06 as well!! Was not expecting this!!! See everyone online in the fall and best of luck to anyone still on the waiting

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, kitandkat said:

Hey guys - just wanted to let you know I removed myself from the waitlist as I got into UBC! Good luck everyone!

Thank you! Congrats on UBC. Do you mind letting us know about your timestamp of your email? 

3 hours ago, klj.klnmk,mn said:

It's not looking good for me :( So I think this is it for me. I'll try to cross off anyone that removes themselves off of the waitlist. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 11.51.38 AM.png

I'm not entirely sure if there is a correlation here - I think perhaps there is and we have a mix of people reporting their "created" vs. "received" times. By this logic, however, would the start of the second bin not be at 7:41am when the GPA jumps to 4.00 again? And then from there it would fall gradually until another 4.00, etc.?

6 minutes ago, ApplyingMD said:

I'm not entirely sure if there is a correlation here - I think perhaps there is and we have a mix of people reporting their "created" vs. "received" times. By this logic, however, would the start of the second bin not be at 7:41am when the GPA jumps to 4.00 again? And then from there it would fall gradually until another 4.00, etc.?

yeah that's what I was thinking too as the GPA follows through and comes back to the 4.00 section. That's what it seemed to look like from the 2019 waitlist thread. but the waitlist times seemed to be seconds apart rather than minutes apart.

1 minute ago, ApplyingMD said:

That actually makes some sense.There are inconsistencies with the dataset, but to resolve one issue with that theory, my "low 3.9X" GPA is higher than WuhanClan's (but very close) and my received time is actually 7:41:25 as well. 

3 hours ago, ApplyingMD said:

Hi guys to add, my exact creation timestamp was 7:37:15 

Hi All, I'm not applying to med school, I'm actually an old accountant who works for a company that sells disability insurance to med students, residents, doctors etc.

BUT i am truly here for my daughter who applied to 4 med schools - Mac, Toronto, Queens and Ottawa.  She only got an interview to Ottawa so this is her only shot.

Like most of you, she was disappointed to be waitlisted.  But for your stats, she had wgpa 3.96 and received the email about 7:40.  I asked her to forward the email so I can see the exact time but she hasn't done it yet.  Does she have any shot to get in off the waitlist?

47 minutes ago, here4mydaughter said:

Hi All, I'm not applying to med school, I'm actually an old accountant who works for a company that sells disability insurance to med students, residents, doctors etc.

BUT i am truly here for my daughter who applied to 4 med schools - Mac, Toronto, Queens and Ottawa.  She only got an interview to Ottawa so this is her only shot.

Like most of you, she was disappointed to be waitlisted.  But for your stats, she had wgpa 3.96 and received the email about 7:40.  I asked her to forward the email so I can see the exact time but she hasn't done it yet.  Does she have any shot to get in off the waitlist?

Welcome sir, 

unfortunately we are all in the dark when it comes to waitlist movements. 

As you can see some of us have theories about when emails were sent out and such but this is all speculation. 

Check your daughter's letter to see if it has the following wording

"However, I should inform you that, considering your rank on this list, it is unlikely that you will receive an offer."  

If it does that would indicate she would be on the bad waitlist and it is very unlikly that she will get an offer. 

Historically about approx 70-80 people are taken off the waitlist and offered a spot, so there is still some hope. 

We anticipate that more offers will come out around may 27th. 

Best of luck to your daughter

Here is the exact working.  She forwarded the email to me.

Your application for admission to the Faculty of Medicine for the academic year 2020-2021 was carefully considered by the Admissions Committee.  At the present time, offers have been made for admission in the Anglophone stream to the top one-hundred and sixteen (116) candidates on the list of excellence.

Your name has been placed on a waiting list.  You will be notified by telephone or by e-mail communication if your name appears at the top of the list, should a vacancy occur before September.

Candidates on the waiting list will be notified by e-mail as soon as the class is filled.

Although the sequential order of the waiting list does not change, rankings will change on a daily basis as students confirm acceptances.  For this reason, candidates are requested not to contact our office for their ranking position since this information cannot be given.

If you are offered admission to another medical school (outside the province) and wish to withdraw your name from our list, please advise us in writing or by e-mail.

that is a good point i do not know.

looking at this document it seems an average 85-90 additional offers sent and does not say what stream. 

https://afmc.ca/sites/default/files/pdf/2020_admission-requirements_EN.pdf

Just now, WuhanClan said:

@MDLD The 70-80 waitlist movement includes the French stream, English stream would be a bit lower. I think I saw it somewhere on the Ottawa threads. Anyone know if that number is reported or is it an estimate?