Premed 101 Forums

Online Orgo

i don't have any firsthand experience with the university, but on this forum i've seen that people have often taken online courses for uottawa prerequisites at Athabasca University (i'm guessing it would be this for orgo 1 and this for orgo 2) :) 

there may be other universities that are offering orgo online right now so you could maybe cross-register with them?

18 minutes ago, tennie said:

i don't have any firsthand experience with the university, but on this forum i've seen that people have often taken online courses for uottawa prerequisites at Athabasca University (i'm guessing it would be this for orgo 1 and this for orgo 2) :) 

there may be other universities that are offering orgo online right now so you could maybe cross-register with them?

Thank you so much! I really appreciate this :) Does anyone know if I could register to take it in September/do it during the fall or if it would need to be completed before applying

9 minutes ago, guacamole17 said:

Thank you so much! I really appreciate this :) Does anyone know if I could register to take it in September/do it during the fall or if it would need to be completed before applying

it's no problem at all!!! and you can definitely do it in the year you're applying! i personally just finished my biochem prerequisite like two weeks ago and i applied this cycle :lol:

you just need to have your prerequisites completed by june 30 in the year that you would be matriculating! 

Hi there!! 

I was in the same boat and looked into this last year. Ottawa does not require a lab, and the course at athabasca requires a mandatory lab component. So- I took the online organic chem 1 at Thompson River University for Ottawa :)

hope this helps!

edit: also, you are able to register for this course whenever. It’s on a rolling basis