Premed 101 Forums

On 5/29/2020 at 12:21 PM, Anon1 said:

I don't understand why they would send that email to upper year med students but not the incoming class aha...

They haven't emailed us anything since the email reminder on May 24 for the St. George Academies webinar. Did any of the other accepted applicants get any emails?

Lol I was so paranoid about somehow losing my acceptance since I haven't received an email since the academies webinar 

34 minutes ago, AgentMichaelScarn said:

Has anyone here been rejected off the waitlist, or have friends that have? I'm not sure if a big wave of waitlist rejections have gone out and I thought they would've shortened the waitlist by now. 

Waitlisters usually don't get "rejected". They'll just be notified once the class has been filled. 

10 hours ago, 1234561234 said:

Does anyone know if the class is full yet/has anyone been rejected off of the waitlist yet? Still haven't heard anything back

the class was 95% full after the first round of offers on may 12 (source upper-year newsletter) 

the first wave of waitlist offers have been sent out- and i don't think many more offers will be made unfortunately :( 

14 hours ago, mamabear said:

Wasn't there supposed to be the remaining offers from UfT today? Since the first waitlist offers expired yesterday or am I missing something? Did anyone get accepted today?

That's what I was expecting too...but maybe later this afternoon? I can't wait any longer due to other circumstances anyways

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2020 at 4:56 PM, Allthegoodusernamesaregone said:

Based on previous threads, you would think they would have sent out some rejection emails to some of the waitlisted by now. I just want to get it out of my mind as well, especially with applications for next cycle opening up next week.

Totally agree. It's been mentally exhausting essentially having been waiting since Oct 1st. I do wish admissions offices across the board could be a little more communicative (*ahem* Canmeds) to ease our nerves a little bit during this whole process. 

I am guessing maybe they are scared the situation may be unstable due to Covid, and just hanging onto the waitlist a bit longer than normal as a safety net.

Still, an update would be nice. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2020 at 6:17 PM, gradapp01 said:

Anyone receive a rejection? I just saw someone got accepted (another thread)

If you're talking about the accepted/waitlisted/rejected or 2020, I think that person was just late to post their acceptance (it scared me too!). 

I haven't received a rejection. I'm really thinking about calling them