Premed 101 Forums

2020 Waitlist Thread

8 minutes ago, acacna said:

Thanks for the thread. Also an IP waitlisted. Calgary didn't work out today :(, so this is the only bit of hope left. 

I'm thinking U of A will send waitlist offers soon as more and more medschools release their decisions. 

Im in the exact same boat as you. Hopefully it works out for both of us! 

5 minutes ago, albertamed said:

Last year they sent out decisions on a Monday and people were posting waitlist offers as soon as Thursday. Hopefully it starts rolling that quickly this year too. 

I also have seen waitlist offers on this forum as late as June and some (unposted) friends were offered as late as 1 week before classes begin.  

This was posted to the U of C blog a little while ago: 

Total applications submitted: 1721
Invited to interview: 579
Total new “seats” available: 128-30
Total offers sent out May 12, 2020: 170
Total waitlist letters sent May 12, 2020: 148
TOTAL ACCEPTED May 12, 2020 7 pm: 35

Please do not ask for a further breakdown beyond this.

Last year we sent out a total of 276 offers to reach our target number of 139. So, yes, there are years we go deep into the waitlist but every year is different.

. . . 

I am not sure if this is anything like U of A's situation but it is nice to see some numbers! I am holding out hope for all of us! 

1 hour ago, albertamed said:

I imagine everyone on the waitlist got the notification about options for tuition deposit payments?

Hey where do you see the notification about tuition deposit payment options? I’m on the waitlist but I don’t see anything in my official waitlist letter 

22 minutes ago, albertamed said:

It’s in the secondary app where they post all of the notifications. 

23 minutes ago, albertamed said:

It’s in the secondary app where they post all of the notifications. 

34 minutes ago, merhanna said:

Hey where do you see the notification about tuition deposit payment options? I’m on the waitlist but I don’t see anything in my official waitlist letter 

See it now?

4 minutes ago, albertamed said:

See it now?

You mean the message about "If you currently have financial stressors that may impact your ability to pay your tuition deposit..."? Because I am on the waitlist, and all I see is the waitlist letter and the FAQ document. 

24 minutes ago, Likeylikey said:

for those sending in transcripts, just wondering what postal code did you put? The letter said T6G2EI but I'm not sure if it's correct as it's different from the website. thanks in advance!!

Oh good eye, I didn't even notice that! I sent it to the address on the website because I copied the address for previous transcript. But Im really not sure.