Premed 101 Forums

2020 Waitlist Thread

6 minutes ago, acacna said:

Hey all, if you check the U of O waitlist thread, they have a "timestamp theory" (http://forums.premed101.com/topic/108861-2020-waitlist-thread/). Basically the theory is that people with earlier time in their waitlist letter are ranked higher on the waitlist. Although it's not perfect, they have quite a bit of data to support their theory.  

Not sure if something similar exists for U of A, but it would be interesting to check it out. If download your U of A waitlist pdf letter, and click on 'Document Properties' you will see that there is a creation time. For example, my document title was 11-131 was 5/6/2020 2:42:xx PM

If enough of us share this info, we might be able to figure out if there is actually any merit to this experiment! 

Thanks acacna. I can begin. My document title was 11-130 and was created on 5/6/2020 at 3:47:xx PM. 

I hope we can figure something out with this. 

Thanks for the help everyone.  

Mine is same doc title.  Creation time was 2:42PM (no seconds are provided on mine)

What exactly is the theory? The earlier the doc is created = higher position on WL?

Also: I feel like there is a Netflix series waiting to be created from all of these forum posts....

1 hour ago, GreyHairPreMed said:

Thanks for the help everyone.  

Mine is same doc title.  Creation time was 2:42PM (no seconds are provided on mine)

What exactly is the theory? The earlier the doc is created = higher position on WL?

Also: I feel like there is a Netflix series waiting to be created from all of these forum posts....

That's the theory. Its based off what they found on the UOttawa waitlist. They made a spreadsheet based on everyone's timestamp info (page 12) and it seems to be predicting the position on the waitlist.

My stamp is exactly 2:42:29. also 11-131. Everyone who has the doc title 11-131 had their waitlist letter created at the same time. Everyone who was 11-130 had their letter created at the same time. I know someone IP in both groups so its not OOP vs IP.  

Now we just have to know which group is first on the waitlist :D ... 

Rejection letters seemed to have been created right before the 11-131 group. someone I know had 2:39 

If we have acceptances, we can see something maybe. But likely still we wont know until the first waitlist offers come out and we can see what group they belonged to. 

25 minutes ago, Rusty Verdigris said:

Hi friends, just declined my OOP offer last night, so hopefully there will be an offer headed to one of you soon! Hang in there and best of luck!

Good to know. When was your acceptance letter created? You can check through document properties. We are trying to see if the timestamp corresponds to ranking.

Well. 

So rejection letters were made first, then group 131 Waitlist, then group 130 Waitlist, then acceptance letters. If i had to guess, then the 130 people are top of the waitlist but thats just a guess. the order may not be what it seems. 

Im noticing that all the 131 people i know are Men and the 130 people are Women. idk I'm tired of speculating . please UOFA GIVE ME SOME INFO 

I feel like those 5G conspiracy experts 

Actually we may have the mystery of 11-131 and 11-130 already solved. 11-131 letters are titled 'Waitlist Offer Letters', whereas 11-130 are 'Conditional Waitlist Offer Letters'. 11-131 probably applies to those who have already graduated or sent in their transcript info. 11-130 likely applies to those finishing up their final year, whose transcripts U of A did not receive/process yet. Kudos to @starmay for figuring this out :lol:

4 minutes ago, acacna said:

Actually we may have the mystery of 11-131 and 11-130 already solved. 11-131 letters are titled 'Waitlist Offer Letters', whereas 11-130 are 'Conditional Waitlist Offer Letters'. 11-131 probably applies to those who have already graduated or sent in their transcript info. 11-130 likely applies to those finishing up their final year, whose transcripts U of A did not receive/process yet. Kudos to @starmay for figuring this out :lol:

Super slooths! Thank you for sharing this! It never ceases to amaze me how much this forum can build up or destroy my hopes with a few posts lol. I am glad ya'll figured it out!

46 minutes ago, acacna said:

Yea this is it.