Premed 101 Forums

I was blessed to receive an offer from Mac, and now I'm racing to think about what to do now. What should I be doing? So far on my list (other than the checklist Mac gives us) I have:

• line of credit
  • housing

It's a very short list! Could anyone give some tips on what to do now/over the summer to prepare :) Or does anyone have any med student blogs to read? I've only read premedpostmom

Just try to enjoy your summer and relax. Don't think about school. Don't think about medicine. At some point you will have to think about the above as noted, and complete the registration requirements they send you (usually includes police check, vaccination records, etc.), but otherwise just stay safe and be happy. :)

6 hours ago, icymeia said:

I was blessed to receive an offer from Mac, and now I'm racing to think about what to do now. What should I be doing? So far on my list (other than the checklist Mac gives us) I have:

• line of credit
  • housing

It's a very short list! Could anyone give some tips on what to do now/over the summer to prepare :) Or does anyone have any med student blogs to read? I've only read premedpostmom

Sit back and enjoy your last days of freedom! Consider investing in some nice noise cancelling headphones and ensure your IT equipment is up to snuff for remote lecturing. That would about it really. Also keep in mind that there are a lot of healthcare worker discounts about now so it’s ok to window shop until you get to class and see what’s up.

Housing situation seems unclear for now considering the COVID situation and the fact that we'll be starting online. You probably won't even be able to see places in person right now.

When do students typically start looking for LOCs? 

11 hours ago, takasugi said:

Housing situation seems unclear for now considering the COVID situation and the fact that we'll be starting online. You probably won't even be able to see places in person right now.

Whenever they need them by. Some people can afford to pay tuition without them so they wait but since the LoC comes with good credit card perks and you don't get charged if it just sits there I'd just get it set up as soon as you can get your official enrollment letter from the school. It can take up to a month to do all the paperwork and that period may be longer with COVID shenanigans, so I would suggest you try to set it up at least a month in advance of when you'll need it.

On 5/14/2020 at 12:20 AM, takasugi said:

Starting online is definitely a possibility but  some schools still have not made decisions regarding the semester, as the COVID situation is still changing and evolving. It’s not yet fully determined, unless the school has already announced online start, like UofC which starts much earlier than other schools (July).