Premed 101 Forums

Responding to offer of admission

1 hour ago, premed72 said:

Hey everyone! Anyone else having difficulty obtaining a police record check? My local police station went totally ghost on me haha 

I haven't but one of my friends said that her police station won't issue the police check during these times. Maybe contact Rema and see what can be done? 

5 hours ago, premed72 said:

Hey everyone! Anyone else having difficulty obtaining a police record check? My local police station went totally ghost on me haha 

Same thing happened to me. Do it with the Kingston police! (There was a link in the email that Risk Management sent) It’s completely online and it sends the police check directly to the school. Legit in one hour it was completed!

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, dopamineislife said:

Anyone know when tuition fees are usually due? Is there anywhere I can find the exact fees for this year? 

Not sure about the due date, but if you apply for OSAP or even just use the aid estimator it tells you the tuition and fees

31 minutes ago, Psych said:

Not sure about the due date, but if you apply for OSAP or even just use the aid estimator it tells you the tuition and fees

I remember it being somewhere between 25-26k in the estimator. But now the estimated costs list is gone, so maybe they're doing some re-programming?

The fee calculator (https://www.uottawa.ca/university-fees/) says $26,627.90 CDN, including fees. This is lower than the AFMC figures for the past years, so I'm wondering if there are any fees I'm missing. Or, did the 10% tuition cut apply to Medicine as well? 

To add my own question, has anyone been registered/heard about updated registration timelines? I know Corona has changed timelines, but I was wondering when we'd receive emails and logins to end the "Accepted but not Registered" purgatory. 

9 minutes ago, MedicineLCS said:

The fee calculator (https://www.uottawa.ca/university-fees/) says $26,627.90 CDN, including fees. This is lower than the AFMC figures for the past years, so I'm wondering if there are any fees I'm missing. Or, did the 10% tuition cut apply to Medicine as well? 

This fee calculator has been accurate for my previous years at UOttawa and includes everything. So the amount you get is probably accurate!

I haven't heard anything about registration... I have access to UOzone because I have studied at UOttawa previously and it seems like I am not registered in any program.

13 minutes ago, madhappyMD said:

Has anyone heard from the school since the email they sent out June 3rd about clinical requirements?

No :( I know they're probably really busy but I really hope we hear from them/are registered soon! I'm so impatient ahah and I always secretly worry that somehow I'll mess up the offer conditions or something- it'll feel nice to be officially registered

31 minutes ago, Psych said:

No :( I know they're probably really busy but I really hope we hear from them/are registered soon! I'm so impatient ahah and I always secretly worry that somehow I'll mess up the offer conditions or something- it'll feel nice to be officially registered

Haha I'm definitely on the same boat. But I'm trying to look in the *bright side*. They've sent out the full class email and posted the admissions number for this cycle on their website already. These are all signs that the class list is 99% finalised already. So hopefully we're all good! 

10 hours ago, Neuroresearch said:

I emailed Chantal a few days ago and she said they’re working on going through transcripts and expect to be have registration going in the next 2-3 weeks

She said this a few days ago? I emailed her the same thing mid-late June and she responded saying that they are finishing up reviewing transcripts and then they will send out our info to IT for registration which can take up 2-3 weeks on that end. After she sent that email, a few days later they sent out the class is full email.

I assumed that when they did that, they must have been done reviewing our documents.. plus, 2 weeks after, they gave us the OK to find housing and sign a lease in Ottawa so I can't imagine that they are still going through transcripts still :wacko:

I felt a bit confident and more relaxed after getting the OK to sign a lease but I had no idea that they are still reviewing transcripts :(