Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist Party 2020

17 minutes ago, JackSprat said:

Looks like this was the last round.

Congratulations to those who got in! I didn't receive an invite, but I'm glad to have made it to the waitlist, as painful of an experience as it's been. Hopefully they shorten the list and put us out of our misery soon!

We can’t give up now. The only chance we have is if we stay on the waitlist and embrace the misery. 

5 minutes ago, CrisprRaps said:

Yea I didn't see that it said last round of offers. I know someone who's still waiting to get off the waitlist too. Don't lose hope but also try to think of what would make your application better for next year since it'll open pretty soon here

Yeah I'm probably being a little pessimistic because I just want it to be done already but I'm latching on to the fact that they didn't mention sending out a next round.

Nothing here either. Was one hell of a run but no cigar. :( I'm with you @JackSprat. I really just want to get this over with and I hope UBC will shorten the waitlist soon so I can just move on. Congrats to everyone one that got accepted!!!! I'm trying to looks at this in the perspective that everything happens for a reason (makes dealing with this a little easier). I finished my undergraduate degree this summer and it looks like I am going to have to kill some time for the next application. Going to try to relax and recover because university has f*cked me up these past 5 years. It going to feel weird not studying but also refreshing. To all those still on the waitlist, it has been a pleasure sharing this ride with you all and I will see you next year, but this time sharing our acceptances. Good luck and god speed!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, coffeeandmed said:

Just received regrets. I’m incredibly pleased with my stats though: GPA was 90.1, interview was above average, and my NAQ score was in the 75-100 percentile. Good luck to anyone applying again in the upcoming cycle!

I also just got regrets. I've been moping for the past few weeks but I actually do feel really good about my results too. My GPA could be higher at 84.6 but my interview was above average and my NAQ was in the 75-100 percentile. It's a little easier getting regrets now as I just found out that we have our second baby on the way! Congrats to everybody who got in and good luck to those who also got regrets. See you guys next cycle!

2 hours ago, coffeeandmed said:

Just received regrets. I’m incredibly pleased with my stats though: GPA was 90.1, interview was above average, and my NAQ score was in the 75-100 percentile. Good luck to anyone applying again in the upcoming cycle!

Good luck at U of A!!! :)  And wow, that's an amazing NAQ score!

53 minutes ago, JackSprat said:

I also just got regrets. I've been moping for the past few weeks but I actually do feel really good about my results too. My GPA could be higher at 84.6 but my interview was above average and my NAQ was in the 75-100 percentile. It's a little easier getting regrets now as I just found out that we have our second baby on the way! Congrats to everybody who got in and good luck to those who also got regrets. See you guys next cycle!

Wow, amazing NAQ and interview :) Congrats on your 2nd baby! I think parents that are medical students will add so much to the overall experience and our development as doctors!

I got regrets as well however there is a silver lining for me with this years application cycle. I had a below average interview and NAQ score in the 25-50 percentile. I am actually mind boggled at how I am even waitlisted. This really gives me hope for next year. Just gotta bring up my interview and NAQ and bobs your uncle.  

27 minutes ago, JustSayian26 said:

I got regrets as well however there is a silver lining for me with this years application cycle. I had a below average interview and NAQ score in the 25-50 percentile. I am actually mind boggled at how I am even waitlisted. This really gives me hope for next year. Just gotta bring up my interview and NAQ and bobs your uncle.  

That's the spirit :) The rest of your application must have been really competitive!

Regrets as well today - IP, ~87 GPA, 75th-100th percentile NAQ (from inspect, 40 NAQ), 509, above average interview. Looking through the forums, its seems there was several ppl rejected with above avg interview. First thought it was MCAT, but many of those with above avg interview also had high mcat scores and there were others accepted with 505, 503, etc. Definitely confusing, but also think rural seats have something to do with it (didnt apply rural) + some luck ofc 

^ We have very similar stats!

Regrets after waitlist for me too. IP, ~87 GPA, above average interview, 75th - 100th percentile NAQ (57 on the inspector tool, so what does that mean?), and 509 MCAT as well. First time and very non-trad applicant so I'm pretty happy with those stats and look forward to better news next year. Best luck with applications everyone!

5 hours ago, mjb11 said:

Regrets as well today - IP, ~87 GPA, 75th-100th percentile NAQ (from inspect, 40 NAQ), 509, above average interview. Looking through the forums, its seems there was several ppl rejected with above avg interview. First thought it was MCAT, but many of those with above avg interview also had high mcat scores and there were others accepted with 505, 503, etc. Definitely confusing, but also think rural seats have something to do with it (didnt apply rural) + some luck ofc 

2 hours ago, alirazam said:

^ We have very similar stats!

Regrets after waitlist for me too. IP, ~87 GPA, above average interview, 75th - 100th percentile NAQ (57), and 509 MCAT as well. First time and very non-trad applicant so I'm pretty happy with those stats and look forward to better news next year. Best luck with applications everyone!

WOW y'all should be super proud, especially with the NAQ and interview. That's insane! Sorry to hear about the regrets - The admissions process is just a total mystery sometimes. Perhaps also check to see if your references were able to give you strong recommendations! And best of luck for next year :)

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, sphw4 said:

Just curious, are there any folks here still on the waitlist? I know it's a long shot but I hope there's a little more movement before the summer is over...

I am as well. Any idea how many spots usually open up over the summer after the waitlist has been shortened?

19 hours ago, abc9 said:

I'm sort of on the waitlist... Got into my 3rd choice site but still on the waitlist for the others. 

Congrats!! I hope you get bumped up to your first choice site. :)

7 hours ago, AgentMichaelScarn said:

I am! It's torture...but a very low level, drawn out pain lol

I hear ya...the wait is brutal!

1 hour ago, Mintgum said:

I am as well. Any idea how many spots usually open up over the summer after the waitlist has been shortened?

Usually 1 or 2 spots, according to the admissions blog. That said, every year is different and who knows if COVID will impact how things play out.