Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist Party 2020

This is a total guess here, but I think maybe the waitlist shortening happens once all the seats are filled, and they're just waiting for graduate students to submit their proof of completion? The deadline is end of July... so maybe there'll be more news about waitlist movement after the deadline.

But yeah, this is 100% a guess.

33 minutes ago, Fast_Layne said:

This is a total guess here, but I think maybe the waitlist shortening happens once all the seats are filled, and they're just waiting for graduate students to submit their proof of completion? The deadline is end of July... so maybe there'll be more news about waitlist movement after the deadline.

Or someone has to withdraw at the last minute due to exceptional circumstances.

• 2 weeks later...

I got an offer today to move from SMP to my first choice VFMP, which I will be accepting. My deadline to accept is next Tuesday, so hopefully someone here will get good news today or next week! 

If anyone here is coming to SMP and needs an apartment, I'm trying to find someone to do a lease takeover for my rental in Kelowna, so please feel free to shoot me a PM! 

On 7/24/2020 at 1:51 PM, abc9 said:

I got an offer today to move from SMP to my first choice VFMP, which I will be accepting. My deadline to accept is next Tuesday, so hopefully someone here will get good news today or next week! 

If anyone here is coming to SMP and needs an apartment, I'm trying to find someone to do a lease takeover for my rental in Kelowna, so please feel free to shoot me a PM! 

Congratulations! :)

On 7/13/2020 at 7:52 PM, Fast_Layne said:

Does this mean that there are a portion of graduate students that are unable to complete their degree on-time and then have their offer revoked as a result?

1 hour ago, Mintgum said:

Congratulations! :)

Does this mean that there are a portion of graduate students that are unable to complete their degree on-time and then have their offer revoked as a result?

I think it's relatively rare (like, maybe no more than 3-4 people)? But it does happen, grad school doesn't always go uniformly, especially w the current COVID stuff going on

On 7/13/2020 at 8:26 PM, youbesee said:

Or someone has to withdraw at the last minute due to exceptional circumstances.

Yup. Or they defer - new illness in the family, pregnancy, etc. Or they get into another school they were on the waitlist for that they prefer, and they decide they’re ok with losing their deposit.

• 5 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Ghimbo said:

I am still "waitlisted". Finally got the motivation to start a new application today. I was actually just wondering when they might release our AQ and NAQ marks.

But now this sliver of hope comes along... best not to get my hopes up and start emailing verifiers tomorrow.

Best of luck with your application!! The fact that you were so high on the waitlist is really encouraging :)