Premed 101 Forums

For those of us who didn't receive the news we wanted yesterday

For those of us who didn't receive the news we wanted yesterday-- I'm sorry. I know its crushing and it's probably a big hit to your confidence (I feel that too), but if you got an interview you're a stellar person. The feeling is going to suck for a while and is probably confusing, with many questions unanswered like "did I do something wrong during the interview?" or "what if it's my grades/MCAT?". Self-reflection is important and can help with future applications (if you choose to reapply, if not, that's okay too), but there is also inherent randomness and luck in the process as well. Keep doing what you're doing, stay passionate about those things; that is what got you an interview. As they say at the interview, sometimes the rejection is not a "no", but rather "not right now". Be proud that you made it so far.

This cycle has been a wild ride. There's a lot going on in the world, not even accounting for med school applications. We happen to be in a situation now where we are more isolated, maybe with less support than usual and higher stress/uncertainty. 

If anyone would like additional support or someone to vent with who gets it, feel free to send me a message. This too will pass.