Premed 101 Forums

switching first choice campus for an unspecified campus offer?

Hey this is might be a pretty weird question but has anyone ever tried to switch which campus they want as their first choice after receiving an unspecified offer? Would it be worth emailing the school outlining my position before they send out which campus I've been admitted to or is it better to hold off until after, assuming they even consider such requests?

2 hours ago, Eddie1 said:

Hey this is might be a pretty weird question but has anyone ever tried to switch which campus they want as their first choice after receiving an unspecified offer? Up until a couple weeks ago Windsor was my first choice and that's what I'd indicated before the interview, but changing circumstances for me made it so that I'd actually prefer London now if possible. My offer's unspecified so of course there's no guarantees that I get into my first choice anyway but from what I've read most that get the first round of offers get into their first choice anyway.

Would it be worth emailing the school outlining my position before they send out which campus I've been admitted to or is it better to hold off until after, assuming they even consider such requests??

Hey! I would definitely contact Western now. If London fills with other students who are currently unspecified and chose London as their top choice (as it did last year) they won't have room for you and won't consider your request. I have no idea how post-interview ranking works and whether that may have an impact on your ability to switch, or if they even consider switches, but it is definitely worth looking into as soon as possible. It's a long shot but if somebody ends up at London and would prefer Windsor, you can also approach administration together and ask for a swap.

(but also Windsor is great and we'll be very happy to have you if you end up here :) ) 

hope that helps! :) 

I don’t understand, how can you put Windsor as your first choice and still get an unspecified offer? Does this mean more than 38 people selected Windsor as first choice? If so, why would some folks that selected London be given unspecified as well? Someone pls explain am confused 

1 hour ago, ETR_ said:

I don’t understand, how can you put Windsor as your first choice and still get an unspecified offer? Does this mean more than 38 people selected Windsor as first choice? If so, why would some folks that selected London be given unspecified as well? Someone pls explain am confused 

i really dont know how it works completely but im assuming western gives more than 171 offers on may12.. so theres probably a proportion of unspecified and specified offers given for both windsor and london campuses. once all the declines have been processed (around may 25), then the unspecified people can be sorted into their respective slots based on preferred campus. then again, im really unsure of how it works haha i wish they gave more info on it 

6 hours ago, Aegean said:

@rmorelanDoes Western send more than 171 offers/over-offer in their initial round of acceptances on May 12?  I think that would beat the purpose of having the 3 tier waitlist.

well we aren't sure. I have been told the did a bit of overloading in the past but clearly you are correct that they cannot be doing much of that if at all with the high waitlist.