Premed 101 Forums

Western Housing

24 minutes ago, hihello said:

Hello :)

Could someone please share any information about housing at Western?

I'd appreciate insight into where med students generally live, what the cost of living is, and any information on the grad student housing that Western has. 

Thanks so much! 

Hey! Just wanted to let you know that we will be releasing a 'housing guide' later in the summer with a lot of this info! I'm sure you'll get a lot of the same info here but keep an eye out for the guide! :) 

I would suggest living close to campus if at all possible! Rooming with other classmates can also be fun.

If anyone is interested, my current roommate previously lived with a great landlord (now a resident physician in London) in a private basement while he was a med student. Was located about 5 minutes drive from UWO campus. PM if you'd like more details :).

Note to mods: If this message is not appropriate please delete.

23 minutes ago, CHG said:

Hey! Just wanted to let you know that we will be releasing a 'housing guide' later in the summer with a lot of this info! I'm sure you'll get a lot of the same info here but keep an eye out for the guide! :) 

Sounds great, thanks! 

Just a question, will there be enough time to find housing after the guide is released? Particularly for the grad student housing. Thanks again! 

23 minutes ago, hihello said:

Sounds great, thanks! 

Just a question, will there be enough time to find housing after the guide is released? Particularly for the grad student housing. Thanks again! 

There will definitely be enough time to find housing - I personally didn't find an apartment I liked until august. Unfortunately I don't know anything about grad student housing because I don't have any experience with it. You could probably learn more about that by contacting Western housing! 

The housing guide was released at the end of May, as well as a document to help find roommates (which is where I found mine). Most students lived in apartments not considered "Western" housing, or anything specific for graduate students.

If you're looking for Western official apartments, info is here: https://www.apartments.uwo.ca/rates.cfm

There's tons of apartment buildings in London and I imagine Windsor, so it shouldn't be a problem. I know a lot of people that waited until mid-end June to find places, as there's waitlist movement and campus placement decisions. Shouldn't be a problem at all!

15 minutes ago, Sweesy said:

Any sources for decent Windsor rentals?

I've been looking on google, and seems a good number of them are older places.

We'll also be releasing a housing guide for Windsor students that have some suggestions of where to look! I don't have that info right now but if you want to know more about which areas students usually live in / commute times to the school and hospitals from different location shoot me a DM, I'm a Windsor student and I also grew up here so I'm very familiar with the neighbourhoods. 

13 minutes ago, w8list said:

whatever you do, do not live in sandwich lol

lol I second this x1000