Premed 101 Forums

U Alberta DDS 2024 Accepted/Waitlisted/Rejected

Hey guys! Does anyone know when we should be expecting UofA to release their results? I know they mentioned mid-May during the interviews, however I am not sure if that has changed due to the COVID situation. Any input would be greatly appreciated :) 

Anyways, wanted to create this post for when results do come out! Good luck everyone!!

Result

IP/OOP:

GPA:

DAT:

Interview:

2 years ago early admission emails were sent around May 17- that is only approximately 10 spots. 

The rest of the spots are released mainly in June and into July. Waitlist notifications will also be sent around this time as well. 

Applicant files will be closed the day before school starts, August 23, so if you are waitlisted you can receive a spot very late although it is unlikely. 

On 5/17/2020 at 10:07 PM, qwerty2222 said:

2 years ago early admission emails were sent around May 17- that is only approximately 10 spots. 

The rest of the spots are released mainly in June and into July. Waitlist notifications will also be sent around this time as well. 

Applicant files will be closed the day before school starts, August 23, so if you are waitlisted you can receive a spot very late although it is unlikely. 

What is early admission offers base on? Is it random or is there a certain criteria?

Congratz to everyone who received the offers they couldn't refuse... Keep in mind that this is only the first round of invites and more of them should be on its way soon. Last year I believe the second round of invites got sent out on the 27th of June.

The Facebook group is now up and running for the Class of 2024's. Please use the link below to join if you have received an offer.

I hope everyone is staying safe and we look forward to seeing you all (virtually) in the fall! :confused:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/583199639247795/about/

Has anybody that has been accepted had there admission status in bear tracks change? I was accepted but my beartracks still says “decision pending”

Also, did anybody receive confirmation that their acceptance documents arrived? I mailed mine and Canada post informed me that they were delivered, but I want to make sure that everything was processed and is sufficient for the admissions office. Does the admissions officer send a confirmation email?

2 hours ago, DentalDream123 said:

Has anybody that has been accepted had there admission status in bear tracks change? I was accepted but my beartracks still says “decision pending”

Also, did anybody receive confirmation that their acceptance documents arrived? I mailed mine and Canada post informed me that they were delivered, but I want to make sure that everything was processed and is sufficient for the admissions office. Does the admissions officer send a confirmation email?

May I ask what your stats were?

8 hours ago, DentalDream123 said:

Admissions told me they are currently working remotely and will review the documents after the deadline. They will update your BearTracks after the deadline.  

Hi guys! I just finished all my immunization and now have my completed immunization clearance form. Do any of you know if we need to send them the completed form or did they only want the in progress form? Also my beartracks has been updated from “decision pending” to “admitted”! 

thanks!

1 hour ago, Lollipop said:

Hi guys! I just finished all my immunization and now have my completed immunization clearance form. Do any of you know if we need to send them the completed form or did they only want the in progress form? Also my beartracks has been updated from “decision pending” to “admitted”! 

thanks!

I believe that we just have to send the additional documents/records that are needed to complete the form, but are not required to go get a healthcare provider to fill out the form again.

Hi guys! in the to do list, are we supposed to see something like 'Received transcript of grades to date' for the June 15 deadline? Mine only says UofA requested the transcript for me in April, doesn't say they received anything. I've requested my transcript to be mailed today just in case but feeling unsure.