Premed 101 Forums

I really appreciate everyone's feedback. Truly gives me some hope!

5 hours ago, aldywood said:

I'm curious too - I have 131 on CARS but 124 on B/B (way lower than my practices) - 509 overall. I'm on the waitlist. I would consider rewriting this summer.

I feel ya. I was waitlisted with a 507 last cycle, rewrote mcat last summer went up to 511 but CARS dropped to 124. BUT no interview this cycle. This process is just so frustrating. I don't know if I have it in my to rewrite once more. I hope you make it in off the waitlist!! 

4 minutes ago, mcatstruggles said:

I really appreciate everyone's feedback. Truly gives me some hope!

I feel ya. I was waitlisted with a 507 last cycle, rewrote mcat last summer went up to 511 but CARS dropped to 124. BUT no interview this cycle. This process is just so frustrating. I don't know if I have it in my to rewrite once more. I hope you make it in off the waitlist!! 

Thank you! That would be so frustrating. The MCAT is such a huge commitment! I’m going to give myself a few more weeks before considering a rewrite. I think spending a month or more dedicated to strategizing and writing ECs could be more helpful than rewriting the MCAT. I think there are lots of creative ways to think about experiences for that section.

22 hours ago, mcatstruggles said:

Does anyone know anyone who's gotten in to UBC with a 124 on CARS? I've written the MCAT 3 times, my CARS keeps going down, but over all score went up. 511, with a 124 Cars... should I rewrite? ughhh

2nd year here. I got in with an MCAT score of 508, CARS of 124, and my AGPA was 82% so there is hope...keep trying and you will get in! 

2 hours ago, patienceisavirtue said:

2nd year here. I got in with an MCAT score of 508, CARS of 124, and my AGPA was 82% so there is hope...keep trying and you will get in! 

WOW what kind of ECs did you have?

On 5/14/2020 at 10:49 PM, mcatstruggles said:

Since they don't look at MCAT (aside from cut-offs) pre-interview, it seems like the other areas of your application may need to be shored up (or re-written) to ensure you get an interview this next cycle! Good luck!!!

On 5/15/2020 at 12:09 PM, Giant_Anteaters said:

WOW what kind of ECs did you have?

Quite a lot. I did my MSc and had a few publications. Lots of research experience. Was on the board of a charity. Played varsity sports. I applied 3 times and only interviewed during my last application and got in. It can be done! haha