Premed 101 Forums

On 5/21/2020 at 10:02 AM, littleappythatcould said:

I personally haven't heard of any movement (IP, 1st Q). I wonder if we will hear something tomorrow since they mentioned updating every week? Just a guess. :wacko:

There will most likely be an update tomorrow, since the deadline for acceptances is today. 

Hi, just wanted to let you all know that  I was also accepted off the OOP waitlist yesterday, Saskatoon site. I received the email at 2:55 pm. The deadline to accept is June 1st, 4 pm (Saskatchewan time). I'm still on the McMaster waitlist - if I don't receive a Mac offer, I'll be accepting my offer at USask! 

6 minutes ago, tallshirts said:

I thought that knowing I am in the first quartile would be less stressful than not knowing my place last year. It's not. I wish I would know how deep into the quartiles they have gone in past years. I realize it's only been a week but I hope this summer isn't too long.

If the AFMC data is accurate (28-46 people declined in the past few years) then they'll probably get through the first quartile, id keep your hopes up! Being in the second quartile is a rollercoaster with a part of me believing im ranked 26th then another part rank 50 lol

1 hour ago, Fanofmed said:

If the AFMC data is accurate (28-46 people declined in the past few years) then they'll probably get through the first quartile, id keep your hopes up! Being in the second quartile is a rollercoaster with a part of me believing im ranked 26th then another part rank 50 lol

That's a fair point. I just found that AFMC data and I guess it is reassuring. Though I'm not sure I would be happy to find out I was accepted a week before classes start. Last year I was released from the waitlist on July 31. I really don't want that this year. However, I wonder if people will be required to attend in person right away if the plan is to have classes online. 

Edit: the AFMC data isn't clear on whether the people declining are for IP or OOP or both. I imagine that more OOP would end up declining.

Edit #2: I just got an email - I was accepted to Regina (second choice)! Good luck to everyone who is waiting. If you have any questions about the process, let me know.

Got off the IP waitlist today at 2:20PMand will be accepting! This has been an incredibly long but rewarding journey. If this is your first time applying or your third or whichever attempt, do not give up on yourself and this amazing dream that is calling your name. I know it can seem so defeating, trust me the last two times I felt so incredibly defeated and down, but this does not define you in ANY way and you CAN do it. Keep going. Everything happens for a reason, and your time will come through hard work and perseverance. I hope to see each and every one of you deserving folks on the other end!!

Stats below: 

GPA: 
-Undergrad mid to high 80s (unsure as I transferred schools in undergrad) 
-Masters 90

MCAT:509

Interview: felt really good! Was super happy with each station and thought I gave them a good idea of my professionalism and personality. 

Best of luck to everyone!