Premed 101 Forums

BLS - Provider Course

6 minutes ago, MD_endgame said:

I asked the risk management nurse and they  replied that we can take the BLS interim part 1 online and follow that with the in person component once they open again even if that's past the deadline. I registered for an interim course yesterday but haven't heard anything from the instructor yet.

okay thanks! Do you know if part 2 of the course has to be taken at the same location as part 1?

23 minutes ago, MD_endgame said:

I asked the risk management nurse and they  replied that we can take the BLS interim part 1 online and follow that with the in person component once they open again even if that's past the deadline. I registered for an interim course yesterday but haven't heard anything from the instructor yet.

Sounds good. Thanks for asking. So as long as we complete the interim course then we are good? Is the interim course just like a quick course online?

3 minutes ago, FocacciaBread said:

How do you know if you have the interim one? 

It will say Interim in one of the tabs. It's "BLS interim" instead of BLS provider. I'm tempted to schedule one in Ottawa so I can just get the in-person session once we've started school 

1 minute ago, DrOtter said:

It will say Interim in one of the tabs. It's "BLS interim" instead of BLS provider. I'm tempted to schedule one in Ottawa so I can just get the in-person session once we've started school 

Yeah that's a good idea.. but will you be in Ottawa before August 3rd? We have to have it done by August 3rd from what I know. Hmmm

9 minutes ago, FocacciaBread said:

Yeah that's a good idea.. but will you be in Ottawa before August 3rd? We have to have it done by August 3rd from what I know. Hmmm

I was thinking more of completing the online part before the deadline to get interim cert. And then do the in-person class after the deadline, since the Risk Management office allows that. 

But I'll do that only if classes stay closed until then... 

9 minutes ago, DrOtter said:

I was thinking more of completing the online part before the deadline to get interim cert. And then do the in-person class after the deadline, since the Risk Management office allows that. 

But I'll do that only if classes stay closed until then... 

So with the interim one, you do get an interim certificate? Or is it just all at the end , after the in-person session? 

1 hour ago, medhopeful1 said:

Can anyone explain why the BLS Interim Part 1 courses vary so much in price? Is there a difference between them? Also, is the location that we select for part 1 the same location we'll have to do part 2 at?

I feel like the instructor sets the price so that accounts for the variability. I am not sure if it matters but I am going to do part 1 at an Ottawa location just in case it has to be at the same location. 

1 hour ago, cubes868 said:

I feel like the instructor sets the price so that accounts for the variability. I am not sure if it matters but I am going to do part 1 at an Ottawa location just in case it has to be at the same location. 

All the interim ones in Ontario are in Ottawa or at least that's how they're showing on mine. :P

29 minutes ago, Psych said:

Does anyone know if we're allowed to do the blended version? There are blended courses near my city but no interim ones

I think either would be fine. The only potential problem is when restrictions can be lifted and if you'd still be in your city by then. 

On 6/4/2020 at 5:09 PM, Psych said:

Does anyone know if we're allowed to do the blended version? There are blended courses near my city but no interim ones

They said to do the interim so I would do that! I'm pretty sure completing the online portion of blended will not give you a temporary certificate to submit