Premed 101 Forums

On 12/20/2020 at 8:41 PM, PTPTPT12345 said:

As per the ubc website “Applicants are required to have completed a minimum of 70 hours of volunteer or paid work experience which involves direct interaction with persons with cognitive, emotional, or physical disabilities at no more than two organizations/establishments. Direct interaction refers to physical as well as verbal, or other virtual interactions (e.g. volunteering for a seniors’ support line, or interacting by Zoom). These hours must be completed by the application deadline. Please note, work as a receptionist, clerical experience, and working with elite sports teams does not meet this requirement.”

I think that your volunteer experience with treatment resistant depression would be sufficient! I’m not sure about the medical equipment. It’s definitely something you can put on your application for other volunteer experience, but not something that would count towards the 70 hours I think. Hope this helps 

Thank you for the insight!

I am also wondering how much detail is required in the experience/interests section of the application form when describing the nature of our work? I noticed the character count gives us a lot of room to explain, but at the same time don't want to re-hash info provided in my supplemental.

On 12/20/2020 at 8:43 PM, PTPTPT12345 said:

Currently in my first year at UBC MPT, if anyone has any questions I can do my best to answer them. Good luck :)

Thanks! Perhaps this is a rather self-explanatory question but just confirming that all 6 clinical placements in the program are unpaid?

• 1 month later...

Currently in my first year at UBC MPT, if anyone has any questions I can do my best to answer them. Good luck :)

Hi! I'm curious how long successful applicants have to accept offers? I believe conditional offers are sent out at the end of March - mid April; for your cohort how long did you have to accept?

Yesterday I received an interview for the MPT program. I am wondering if you have any helpful MMI tips?, things that you wish you practiced/knew before the interview.

The interview will be help via Zoom this year and I believe it will still follow similar MMI framework as previous years. 

TIA

On 2/18/2021 at 4:42 PM, PTangler said:

Yesterday I received an interview for the MPT program. I am wondering if you have any helpful MMI tips?, things that you wish you practiced/knew before the interview.

The interview will be help via Zoom this year and I believe it will still follow similar MMI framework as previous years. 

TIA

My biggest piece of advice is to practice with other people before hand. There are lots of practice questions online. I personally liked using the **DELETED** book as it gave you explanations of possible answers. 

Also, think about your personal experiences and what makes you a good candidate. You can use these examples in the interview as well