Premed 101 Forums

2 hours ago, purplepremed said:

Anyone know when they usually release the campus decisions for people who received unspecified offers in the first round? 

hey! Talked to some people who had unspecified last year and they said they received their decision on May 30th! That's the same day waitlist offers started going out so if it's the same timeline you should get an email on May 28th :) 

9 hours ago, CHG said:

hey! Talked to some people who had unspecified last year and they said they received their decision on May 30th! That's the same day waitlist offers started going out so if it's the same timeline you should get an email on May 28th :) 

Timing is not a coincidence - it is at that point they know what people have been accept offers elsewhere etc.

so yeah very soon.

4 minutes ago, dooogs said:

I somehow got Windsor. This is really bad news for me

Sorry to hear that you didn't get your first choice, I know how disappointing that is :( . If you want to talk about Windsor campus at all / have any questions let me know - I'm a Windsor campus student.

Just now, dooogs said:

I'm very sad because all my support system is in London. I was hoping to continue some research projects in London as well.... im just floored rn. @CHG thanks for the support...

Hey don't worry about your research! I have several research projects going on in London right now that (prior to covid) I was just travelling up to London on some of our Tuesdays off and doing the rest remotely! I established those WHILE I was in Windsor. Most supervisors would rather keep a student they know and work remotely then figure out something new. Don't give up on that. 

1 hour ago, dooogs said:

I'm very sad because all my support system is in London. I was hoping to continue some research projects in London as well.... im just floored rn. @CHG thanks for the support...

Hey! I'm also a Windsor campus student and wanted to tell you a bit about my experience this year. I'm originally from the GTA and moved to Windsor last year. I had some extremely unforeseen medical issues come up this year and I can't even put into words how much support I received from everyone at the Windsor campus. The small class size means you almost automatically have 38 new friends rooting for you and the admin at the Windsor campus knows everyone personally by name. I had to commute back to the GTA for appointments and everyone went above and beyond to accommodate any needs I had. I know moving away from your support system is hard, but trust me you will be extremely well supported on the Windsor campus! 

1 hour ago, CHG said:

Hey don't worry about your research! I have several research projects going on in London right now that (prior to covid) I was just travelling up to London on some of our Tuesdays off and doing the rest remotely! I established those WHILE I was in Windsor. Most supervisors would rather keep a student they know and work remotely then figure out something new. Don't give up on that. 

@CHG is the go to person for any Windsor campus questions!! I just wanted to add that there are a lot of really unique opportunities you get on the Windsor campus as well. Due to the small class size and because there aren't a lot of residents in Windsor you have the opportunity to get a lot of hands on clinical learning starting from first year. Becoming an executive member of interest groups/clubs is also much easier on the Windsor campus since we have less people and all the same positions! You also get to know the 2nd, 3rd and 4th years pretty well which is so helpful especially when you have questions about CaRMS, clerkship, etc. Also, the physicians who teach small groups, clinical skills, etc. get to know us all personally and are always inviting students to do OCLOs (observerships) with them. Every physician I have interacted with in Windsor loves to teach and make themselves available to answer questions pretty much whenever you need help. Windsor really is an awesome place to attend medical school and whether you are in London or Windsor you will get a great education (and meet some great people along the way!) 

19 minutes ago, CHG said:

Wow this means so much to me - thank you! I can confirm that we are all lovely people (in my opinion) and are VERY VERY excited to meet you guys! 

Can confirm - we are all very excited!! The second years helped us a lot this year and we can't wait to do the same for the 2024s :)

3 minutes ago, westernmed888 said:

I was also just placed in Windsor after selecting London as my preference. How difficult is it to travel back to the GTA on the weekends? 

well on paper it is a 4 hour drive - depends on traffic (having done that trip more than once on business). It is a trek. 

also - congrats!

2 minutes ago, rmorelan said:

well on paper it is a 4 hour drive - depends on traffic (having done that trip more than once on business). It is a trek. 

also - congrats!

It is a bit of a trek. That being said, some of my classmates went back almost every weekend so there is always someone to carpool with! ViaRail takes about the same amount of time as well plus you can get work done on the train!