Premed 101 Forums

Have accepted applicants heard anything from UBC?

55 minutes ago, vmed88 said:

anyone who recently received their UBC student # having issues setting up your new email? The option to set up a "UBC Hosted Mailbox" isn't appearing for me (it says to wait 24 hours but its been over 48 and I haven't seen that option)

I emailed the admissions team about it and they said that forwarding is fine for now, the hosted mailbox will be available after the class registration in July. 

18 hours ago, Gabapentin said:

I emailed the admissions team about it and they said that forwarding is fine for now, the hosted mailbox will be available after the class registration in July. 

I remember seeing a note in the FAQ of the email from Shirley last week addressing this. I was confused originally too about it.

20 minutes ago, Aryanenzo said:

The forwarding doesn't actually work for me. I tried sending a email to the name@alumni.ubc.ca email and it did not forward it to my email....can someone else test this?

I called the tech support and they said it usually takes 24 hours for the email forwarding to become active. Sure enough, mine starting working 1 day later

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!! Quick question for y'all: when you switched to UBC hosted mailbox after reg for courses, did SAIL-24 emails start going to that email instead? It was implied that a switch over would happen (?) but i have gotten the last few to my old email address. Thankssssssss in advance!!

On 7/10/2020 at 8:39 PM, ubc94 said:

Hi!! Quick question for y'all: when you switched to UBC hosted mailbox after reg for courses, did SAIL-24 emails start going to that email instead? It was implied that a switch over would happen (?) but i have gotten the last few to my old email address. Thankssssssss in advance!!

10 hours ago, Ginny Midgeon said:

@ubc94 I switched to a UBC hosted mailbox, but all SAIL-24 emails have been going to my old email address. Seems that the switchover to UBC mail has not happened yet?

Has this happened for anyone else?

I think e-mails will start going to your UBC alumni mail box in August! From one of the earlier e-mails, the SAIL-24 "listserv will be deactivated end of August and a new mandatory Student Affairs (FMD-24) listserv will be created with your official UBC alumni address."

Hey! I submitted my documentation to the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC last week, and have not gotten any confirmation or change in document status. 

Just wondering how long it took for everyones notarized documents to show up as accepted on their account, or if anyone received a confirmation email?

Thanks so much!

5 minutes ago, acceptmeplease said:

Hey! I submitted my documentation to the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC last week, and have not gotten any confirmation or change in document status. 

Just wondering how long it took for everyones notarized documents to show up as accepted on their account, or if anyone received a confirmation email?

Thanks so much!

I did not get a confirmation email. It took 4/5 days to change to “accepted” on the account. I submitted a few weeks ago. Hope that helps!

1 hour ago, acceptmeplease said:

Thanks so much!

I submitted my notarized documents on the 7th and the document statuses were updated to “Accepted” on the 8th. 

14 minutes ago, vmed88 said:

If I am an OOP applicant, do I use my home provinces website to apply for student loans or do I apply through BC's website since I will be living in BC permanently?

This would be a good question for Jennifer! My understanding is that you apply for student loans through your 'home' province.

1 hour ago, financialstatus said:

Anyone else have a small typo in their enrollment letter?

"... is registered in year of a 4 year program"

Yep, I have the same thing... On my grades page for 2019W, it also said that I was "Eligible for 2020-21 MD Year", but it didn't say Year 1. Also, my registration page doesn't list Year 1. 

So yeah, I think it's just an overall issue with the SSC where it doesn't list your year if you're in the MD program?

1 hour ago, Fast_Layne said:

Yep, I have the same thing... On my grades page for 2019W, it also said that I was "Eligible for 2020-21 MD Year", but it didn't say Year 1. Also, my registration page doesn't list Year 1. 

So yeah, I think it's just an overall issue with the SSC where it doesn't list your year if you're in the MD program?

Yea I guess so. It also shows I have an enrollment letter for the program for summer 2020. Even though the program begins in Winter 2020.