Premed 101 Forums

Discord for Australian DDS/DDM Applicants

On 7/12/2020 at 9:58 AM, jess_01 said:

How is everybody preparing for the CASPer test? Any resource materials that you are using or can recommend to me? 

Has a facebook group been created too?

I wrote Casper twice now, it is straight forward. Just do the two practice tests on the Casper website and write down some personal experiences you can use for certain traits. Most of the questions are situational based anyways and just ask for your advice. 

We have a Facebook group for Aus dental applicants for 2021 intake. PM me if you want to join.

On 6/20/2020 at 3:00 PM, SamerR said:

Hey! Based on OzTREKK, the dental admission officer who has helped with my application this year, Sydney is not rolling, so they hold onto everything until the deadline at the end of July and then assess all the applications they've received.

They've also cancelled interviews this year, so instead of their usual process which is 50% DAT/ 50% interview, they've now made it 100% DAT based, where they make a single list from all applicants, rank them from highest to lowest DAT (or equivalent exam) scores, and then ONLY do interviews if they have to break ties between equally ranked students where only one can receive an offer. 

Hope that helps! Happy to clear up anything else I know :)

Hi there, 

I am tryign to apply to sydney today, I was wondering do I need to request a DAT official transcript from the CDA to the university of sydney? There are two options on the CDA order page, one is just univeristy of Sydney, the other one is Univerisyt of Sydney C/O Oztrekk eudcational services. How about a degree trasncript from the university? 

I cant find the deadline for submitting these documents, so how long does it usually take to gather all these documents and submit the application ?

3 minutes ago, yampotato said:

Hi there, 

I am tryign to apply to sydney today, I was wondering do I need to request a DAT official transcript from the CDA to the university of sydney? There are two options on the CDA order page, one is just univeristy of Sydney, the other one is Univerisyt of Sydney C/O Oztrekk eudcational services. How about a degree trasncript from the university? 

I cant find the deadline for submitting these documents, so how long does it usually take to gather all these documents and submit the application ?

I'll send you a PM!

15 minutes ago, justanotherdude said:

just curious on why you guys choose to go to AUS even though it's double the cost? 

Personally for me, I had a rough first 2 years of my undergrad and it was a struggle to look at Canadian Dental schools that fit my application, especially with how each cycle had such high competition, with my GPA being not so stellar. It was tough to find a program that fit, but as a BC resident, when I looked at UBC and saw the cost was 240k (from their website), I definitely started to consider OOC as I was really happy with my DAT scores. With the reciprocal agreement in place and a really high ranking for AUS schools and how hands-on many of them seem, it was not a bad option but if you have the stats and ability to get into Canadian schools, it's a much more simple option tbh 

On 7/13/2020 at 3:55 PM, TheDiabeticDentist said:

I wrote Casper twice now, it is straight forward. Just do the two practice tests on the Casper website and write down some personal experiences you can use for certain traits. Most of the questions are situational based anyways and just ask for your advice. 

We have a Facebook group for Aus dental applicants for 2021 intake. PM me if you want to join.

Hey can you email me at mrmistry_@hotmail.com so I can be added to the group! I don't wanna put my personal info out on a forum haha. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Gooddent said:

I got an offer from Melbourne as well and am trying to decide between it and 5-year program at Cork in Ireland! Wondering if you were accepted into the 4-year or 5-year in Ireland?

Hey! When did you hear back? I applied through Oztrekk and haven’t heard back from the university yet. 

1 minute ago, juzchill said:

Hey! When did you hear back? I applied through Oztrekk and haven’t heard back from the university yet. 

I received an email from Melbourne this morning at 3:00 am! Alexa from OzTREKK also emailed me this morning with more information and she said OzTREKK received 40 offers for Melbourne today.

11 minutes ago, Gooddent said:

I received an email from Melbourne this morning at 3:00 am! Alexa from OzTREKK also emailed me this morning with more information and she said OzTREKK received 40 offers for Melbourne today.

Oh okay! Sound good, I guess I’ll just have to wait and see then. Thank you!

Hello I was wondering what your gpa was to get accepted to Melbourne ? I calculated my gpa from my final 3 years and I had a gpa of 3.9. I haven’t done my dat yet but will be doing it this coming November. Also, i got rejected from Griffith Charles and another one because my overall gpa was low due to my first year grades being equivalent to trash. So I was wondering what are my chances at Melbourne and uwo given my gpa ? Also I was wondering how they would evaluate the last three years. Do they do it based on the course number ? Because it took me five and a half years to complete my degree and in the process I was taking second year courses alongside my final year courses so I’m wondering if they count the second year courses in the second year pool or if they count it in my last year as well. Sorry for the long post