Premed 101 Forums

How early should I prepare for the MCAT?

CaribPirate

On 6/15/2020 at 4:35 PM, offmychestplease said:

lol, nah fam you should have started prepping for the MCAT in grade 10

I already started looking into it before but I don't really have a full on prep schedule.

If I were to start should I prepare more for the biology section or the CARS section?

On 6/15/2020 at 4:41 PM, MedicineLCS said:

Please don't be the high schooler who starts studying for the MCAT. You're setting yourself up for early burnout. 

First year hits even smart high schoolers hard, wait until the middle/end of 2nd year for the earliest start, and only if you're competitive as a 3rd year applicant. 

Okay thanks for your advice!

• 2 weeks later...

You definitely definitely do not need to study this early!! I wrote the MCAT August after second year university and started studying May of second year university (giving me a little less than 4 months of study time). I have a friend who studied for only two months and still did very well. If you're super keen maybe start a few months before that, but any more than that is unnecessary and you'll probably just forget the material before your test date. Offmychestplease was definitely being sarcastic haha