Premed 101 Forums

3 minutes ago, Hunnicutt said:

Hey, I was interested in getting some school sweaters. Does anyone know where I can order them?

what are you looking for? - traditionally there are clothing drives at the school as part of the class and school councils for various things.

1 hour ago, Hunnicutt said:

So if I was looking for a purple sweater saying 'Schulich Medicine' with 2024 and my last name on the sleeve, would I find these at the drives? or would they be provided through western's bookstore?

Also, when do these drives usually happen?

Love the enthusiasm!!! I am happy to stay at schulich because i have tons of sweaters from undergrad and grad school. So now i can continue using them LOL

On 6/17/2020 at 3:41 PM, Hunnicutt said:

So if I was looking for a purple sweater saying 'Schulich Medicine' with 2024 and my last name on the sleeve, would I find these at the drives? or would they be provided through western's bookstore?

Also, when do these drives usually happen?

woah. chill! you haven't even started yet. are you also planning to add "Dr." to your name already?

6 hours ago, innocentius said:

woah. chill! you haven't even started yet. are you also planning to add "Dr." to your name already?

The day class clothing orders comes in feels like Christmas! It's like getting new varsity kit at the beginning of the season - nothing wrong with wanting to rep your team :P Not to mention we could all use a little something extra to look forward to coming into this school year. 

6 hours ago, innocentius said:

Hahah!! I don't think I'd take it that far - but having gotten in after the long, painful process, its super exciting to be able to celebrate and be part of the larger med class

1 minute ago, CHG said:

The day class clothing orders comes in feels like Christmas! It's like getting new varsity kit at the beginning of the season - nothing wrong with wanting to rep your team :P Not to mention we could all use a little something extra to look forward to coming into this school year. 

^ Exactly This!!!!

26 minutes ago, CHG said:

yup. I loved running those ha. everyone was happy to get their stuff!

OP - I would wait until the class orders. Not only would you be more likely to get your stuff, but it will match your classes stuff and you would be directly supporting your class council (which in turn would be using the money to run other fun events). 

• 4 months later...

Hi there! Random question here. My partner is a graduate from the program (2017) but lost his beloved hoodie. I am hoping to get him another one as a surprise gift. Would I be able to purchase one for him (though I am not a graduate of the program) and how would I go about doing so? Is the design of the hoodie the same every year? Any input would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks in advance!

10 hours ago, PHI said:

Hi there! Random question here. My partner is a graduate from the program (2017) but lost his beloved hoodie. I am hoping to get him another one as a surprise gift. Would I be able to purchase one for him (though I am not a graduate of the program) and how would I go about doing so? Is the design of the hoodie the same every year? Any input would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks in advance!

Sadly, the merch orders are done for this year. 

Maybe you could try contacting the school admins and see if they got any way of helping you as your partner is an alumni.

On 11/18/2020 at 1:02 PM, PHI said:

Class councils take turns organizing the sales. The 2023 council hosted the fall/winter sale and orders were due a couple weeks ago. There will be a spring/summer sale in April if I recall correctly but if you PM me I can put you in contact with the organizer of the most recent sale and see if they can slide your order in somehow. The least popular designs get scrapped/sometimes the manufacturers are switched to be more affordable so the options may not be exactly the same.