Premed 101 Forums

uOttawa wGPA Calculation Policy Changes

7 hours ago, DrOtter said:

Just to be mindful, their Anglophone OOP cut-off usually hovers around 3.87 (I'm not sure if their recent shift to cGPA has changed this cut-off, but the interview thread doesn't appear to show that). 3.7 is their cut-off for the French IP and CNFS streams.

Yeah for sure, that's why I was saying that my 3.73 is below the cutoff. I thought it was 3.85 for Anglophone OOP, but if it's 3.87 then same difference really 

I didn't understand your point regarding the 80% courseload thing...26/30 is 86.67% full. My fourth year does indeed have four courses per semester as well

Re-reading their policy, though, it appears that my hopes of having 4th year count can indeed be tossed out the window...unless the 5th year that I take has 34 credits or more? I think? To compensate for the four "missing" credits in my 4th year

Thank you for your reply btw!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey so sorry to hear that. I'm keeping my figures crossed that you'll get in this year! But in the off off chance that you needed to reapply, I really think that we'd see a GPA distribution more

Hi guys, just FYI the cutoff CGPA for the English stream is 3.85  

I hope they'll allow us more space to talk about our top 3 rather than just mark them

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Excel-erate Your Breath said:

Yeah for sure, that's why I was saying that my 3.73 is below the cutoff. I thought it was 3.85 for Anglophone OOP, but if it's 3.87 then same difference really 

I didn't understand your point regarding the 80% courseload thing...26/30 is 86.67% full. My fourth year does indeed have four courses per semester as well

Re-reading their policy, though, it appears that my hopes of having 4th year count can indeed be tossed out the window...unless the 5th year that I take has 34 credits or more? I think? To compensate for the four "missing" credits in my 4th year

Thank you for your reply btw!

Oh sorry! My quick math in my head defs didn't work out so well :DD

I supposed you can do 4 or more credits during the summer and then the courses in the summer + your 4th year would count for Ottawa.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2021 at 10:14 AM, DrOtter said:

Just to be mindful, their Anglophone OOP cut-off usually hovers around 3.87 (I'm not sure if their recent shift to cGPA has changed this cut-off, but the interview thread doesn't appear to show that). 3.7 is their cut-off for the French IP and CNFS streams.

I'm pretty sure the CNFS cutoff this year was 3.6! Not 100% sure though, for anyone that wants to know for sure I would recommend emailing them. I just thought id point this out :)

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/26/2020 at 8:42 AM, DrOtter said:

It's hard to say if this change will lead to a class filled with 4.0s - that would depend on the weight they put on cGPA relative to other components. This change will allow for more distinction in cases where students have comparable ABS and CASPer scores, for example.

I honestly think this could lead to classes filled with 4.0's. If you messed up in a single year, you got an up road battle now. They should honestly look at applicants more holistically...