Premed 101 Forums

UofT OT Program - AMA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/26/2021 at 5:55 PM, zerochance said:

Bumping this as I’m really curious 

Hey! I'm currently a UofT OT student so I can answer these questions for you.

The courseload is definitely busy! If you didn't take a full courseload in undergrad you will likely find the OT program to be stressful. There are also extra time-consuming things beyond class work, such as mandatory meetings, mentorship meetings, IPE events, and optional workshops for professional development. I don't personally have a job during school, but I know people who do. If you have good time management skills you'll be fine, however be prepared for quite a bit of schoolwork, exams, and lots of new content to learn! I was particularly surprised at how challenging the neuro course is.

I don't know the exact success rate, but the faculty does not want you to fail. If you get below 70% in a course (which is a failing grade in grad school), I'm pretty sure they give you remedial work so that you can pass the course. I don't know what this remedial work entails. If you work hard and try your best in the courses, you will definitely get by, and there is lots of extra help and resources available.

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions about the program.