Premed 101 Forums

Chances as an OOP Ontario Applicant

hey, I was just wondering if anyone could give me input on whether I'd be ok to apply to UBC this year as an Ontario applicant. I have a 512 on my most recent MCAT (128/126/128/130) and a 93.97% out of 95% GPA, and a bunch of diverse experiences. I read in a different post that there are people that can get in with a 503 in MCAT in previous years but I just want an opinion whether my 512 and 93.97% will give me a chance as an Ontario student.

Looking forwarding to reading your advice :)

1 hour ago, Dr. Shqipe said:

hey, I was just wondering if anyone could give me input on whether I'd be ok to apply to UBC this year as an Ontario applicant. I have a 512 on my most recent MCAT (128/126/128/130) and a 93.97% out of 95% GPA, and a bunch of diverse experiences. I read in a different post that there are people that can get in with a 503 in MCAT in previous years but I just want an opinion whether my 512 and 93.97% will give me a chance as an Ontario student.

Hey! Those are some outstanding stats. I got into UBC this year (off waitlist) with a 503 and my GPA was 93%. I am also from Ontario. I believe you definitely should apply as your chances are real good. Just focus on your entries early and writing them in a detailed manner. Feel free to message me if you need any advice/help! 

19 minutes ago, popfossa said:

Hey! Those are some outstanding stats. I got into UBC this year (off waitlist) with a 503 and my GPA was 93%. I am also from Ontario. I believe you definitely should apply as your chances are real good. Just focus on your entries early and writing them in a detailed manner. Feel free to message me if you need any advice/help! 

Thank you so much, you're gem and CONGRATS for getting in! Proud of you :) Does UBC value early applications (like does it matter if it's the first day it opens vs. a week or two after)?

7 minutes ago, Dr. Shqipe said:

Thank you so much, you're gem and CONGRATS for getting in! Proud of you :) Does UBC value early applications (like does it matter if it's the first day it opens vs. a week or two after)?

Thanks for the kind wishes :) I also admire your persistence (been following you on the Ottawa waitlist). Keep your head up, I am confident you will get multiple offers next year. 

No! The only advantage you get if you apply a month earlier (I believe early August deadline) is you find out about interviews 1 day earlier than everyone else (in my opinion not worth it). When I got my interview there was still so many time-slots available. It wasn't an issue at all. 

6 hours ago, Dr. Shqipe said:

Doesn't hurt to apply. The fee is less than $100. UBC also doesn't ask for reference letters until you receive an interview in the winter. You just have space to write a bit more in UBC's text boxes than OMSAS.